Honored Contributor

Re: What's Up With All These ENCORE Presentations.....????

@On It wrote:

QVC is between a rock and a hard place if their open-to-buy budget is sitting in the warehouse in old inventory. I suspect as others have posted that they are trying to move these products to free up warehouse space as well as cash.

I think they have a lot of inventory sitting that is old and new, yet when I look on eBay I see recently aired stuff that was palleted, go figure that
they need to get rid of all the old and start showing more variety on air 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Desertdi    I'm not entirely sure we'll make it.

@Spurt    QVC is kind if a study in how to do Christmas wrong.  This has been the worst year ever.  All those highly paid executives and this is the best they could produce?

You hit the nail on the head. One would think their lousy quarterly financial reports would make them want to update what they're doing.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ROMARY wrote:

I'm kind of glad that they are re-airing several previous TSVs. 

Nice for those who had to pass on an item for whatever reason (budget, etc.), or for those who weren't able to view the item in the first place.  

I'm hoping for QVC's success and profit. 

Let's face it, I'm guessing that Community Forums would be on the top of the list if and when downsizing takes

place. 

So, let's wish this company well.  Heart

@ROMARY 

So many people misinterpret the negative comments and complaints....if we are unhappy with QVC we could just take our money and quietly move on to another retailer, but the reason we make our opinions known is we hope that somehow someone would pass our suggestions and feedback on and at least try some ideas--- WE WANT TO SEE QVC SUCCEED....

.In fact in the past, some of the Moderators would even indicate they referred the comments on....haven't seen that in awhile but perhaps they still do it quietly.....

And funny how we see a few suggestions put into practice  and implemented....notice I said SOME not all....whether it be host pairings---Leah/Shawn experiment was a bust....and look at other cohost experiments that are no more....Also pairings with Valerie Parr Hill---they got the message JRT is a no go, while Rick has become a favorite pairing with Valerie.

Hopefully QVC will listen to a few suggestions. With their recent financial results and sales declines looks like QVC can use all the help they can get!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Desertdi    I'm not entirely sure we'll make it.

@Spurt    QVC is kind if a study in how to do Christmas wrong.  This has been the worst year ever.  All those highly paid executives and this is the best they could produce?

You hit the nail on the head. One would think their lousy quarterly financial reports would make them want to update what they're doing.

@CalminHeart @Kachina624 

While QVC will come up with all these creative ideas and  excuses to explain poor results.....(come on the war in Ukraine ????? 🙄😖)....But the "well is dry" when it comes to creative ideas and suggestions to actually improve sales 🤔

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

I suppose QVC needs to move excess inventory...hence, these reruns of prior specials...boring!

Honored Contributor

@Spurt    If I had significant stock holdings in QVC, I'd be up in arms over the way things are being done.  Do you suppose such people even notice?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Spurt    If I had significant stock holdings in QVC, I'd be up in arms over the way things are being done.  Do you suppose such people even notice?

@Kachina624 

Well QVC probably has people working overtime to come up with lots of excuses and BS to feed the stockholders.....And will get away with it in view of inflation and other things going on that we can't discuss 😉

Respected Contributor

@BalletBabe 

You hit the nail square on the head....I forgot about the free shipping for only new people, then the 15.00 off for new folks, and the free shipping if you have a Q card at 30% interest if you don't pay in full.

Kinda backfired!!!

Plus, the selection is pretty bad. And I bet more customers were driven insane with the non-stop pajamas...it seems like every time I tune in, they're dressed in PJs, selling PJs, redfining PJs as loungewear, or talking about upcoming pajamas.

And sherpa. Won't even start on that.

O well....

Christmas in JULY will begin on Easter Weekend 2023. So there's that.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 

Their stock is down 74% for the year:

PERFORMANCE QRTEA (QVC)-Nasdaq Stock

5 Day
  • -15.38%
  •  
1 Month
  • 3.13%
  •  
3 Month
  • -34.87%
  •  
YTD
  • -73.95%
  •  
1 Year
  • -75.22%

Closed at 1.98 per share last Friday. Hope the hosts who are ready to retire don't have it all in one basket....

They better do something and not let all that Sherpa drag them under....

Esteemed Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@Spurt 

You're fortunate.

Some of it is their fault, but I'll admit some of it is probably my hearing too.  One of our young anchors was doing a Christmas story the other day and she kept talking about a store filling children's "toilets".  What?!  Why in the world would they do that?  Turns out she was saying "toy lists".  Big difference.😂🤭

@geezerette thanks for the giggle!