Frequent Contributor

Re: What item(s) do you not like that you bought at the Q?

@Gorgf wrote:

My most recent was a three piece Carol Hockman PJ set. I used to love her items but she uses  more all rayon that pills and does not wear well. The PJ bottoms had a painted on print. The fabric was so thin the light shines through. It fit well and liked the jacket idea but made so cheap. 60% cotton 40% poly ,but thin fabric.

I think that she sold her company, as so many do. After that, nothing really stays the same. I have even seen her brand at Costco.

Esteemed Contributor

Years ago I bought a sterling silver hard cuff bracelet with many beautiful colored stones - except the bracelet is too big on me - it's heavy and turns while wearing.It sits in my jewelry drawer. I once bought a gizmo that peels potatoes - u had to position the potato on a metal pointer and turn tge handle at the top --  which made no sense - as it's easier to just use a small potato peeler.The old-fashioned way is much smarter.

I once bought a short-sleeved- Quacker Factory - Red cotton sweater - with lots of colorful designs throughout. I washed it and it stretched and the inside of the sweater had many loose pieces of cotton hanging. I hated it and tossed. Never bought this brand again.Very cheap sweater.

I've NEVER ordered any beauty products from the Q --- I order from Walmart on-line --- or buy at Walmart for 1/3 the price - and I'm always happy with the products I purchase.

Valued Contributor

Whish Exfoliating Foot Mask. Absolutely useless. Doesn’t even work as a lotion.
Frequent Contributor

@Riley P wrote:
Same crack with two Temptations 9x13 dishes, and a loaf pan.

This seems to be a running commentary on the quality of Temptations. I have never bought this brand. And now that Tara has her name on it, I would think that she would be extra careful with the quality of her products. She gets a lot of business on QVC. The dishware is very pretty, but if you can't use it as cookware/bakeware, etc., what is the point.

Esteemed Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

A Lock & Lock TSV of glass containers w/covers......the covers didn't fit two of the containers...and the glass was much thinner then the Pyrex pieces i have had in the past....very disappointed

My roomie just bought a set of Snapware - glass containers with lids - from Costco - low price and gorgeous.

Frequent Contributor

@Riley P wrote:
I found a box of Wen in the great quarantine clean up. I used it for body wash for five months.

People have claimed that Wen causes hair loss. Maybe we should use it on our legs instead of shaving. JK There was a lawsuit on Wen for causing hair loss, and it was settled out of court. Still, he has many devoted fans of his products.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks again, everyone, for playing along with this thread! At least it gives us some idea as to which items to avoid purchasing, when and if we get tempted!

Frequent Contributor

@SuhseK wrote:

Because I'm buying sight unseen, I try to very carefully consider, any purchase, from QVC, or elsewhere, before I 

make that purchase.  For the most part, it's worked well for me. 

Years ago, I was planning a vacay visit, to my brother, who lived in a recreational area, near a huge Idaho lake.

QVC had this gadget that was a battery operated mosquito repellant, you wore around your neck! I hear your laughter, it's ✅ OK.  I'm laughing at me, too. 

I bought a couple of them.  My brother thought it was hysterical, and of course it didn't work.  I wore it anyway 😊hey, it was a conversation starter! 

You will never be able to live this one down! LOL But in all honesty and sincerity, if you bought it in good faith, then you should expect that it would perform in good faith. It makes you wonder if anyone at the Q tries out these items before putting them up for sale.

Esteemed Contributor

@SuhseK wrote:

Because I'm buying sight unseen, I try to very carefully consider, any purchase, from QVC, or elsewhere, before I 

make that purchase.  For the most part, it's worked well for me. 

Years ago, I was planning a vacay visit, to my brother, who lived in a recreational area, near a huge Idaho lake.

QVC had this gadget that was a battery operated mosquito repellant, you wore around your neck! I hear your laughter, it's ✅ OK.  I'm laughing at me, too. 

I bought a couple of them.  My brother thought it was hysterical, and of course it didn't work.  I wore it anyway 😊hey, it was a conversation starter! 

@SuhseK 

Many years ago I bought a similar gadget for mosquitos. It was so long ago I probably got it during the Steve Colantuno or Steve Bryant Years. It was a little gadget, maybe 3 inches long and half that wide and you dialed up I think from 1 to 10 how strong you wanted it to emit whatever high frequency you wanted to repel them. It wasn't for around the neck though. It did have a little chain (probably plastic) with some sort of hook or clasp to attach it to your belt loop or wherever. 

Frequent Contributor

I like most things I order from the Q, and I'm sure others loved this item.  A Martha Stewart gold metal wreath.  I liked it at first...then it began to lose its appeal.  Seems like this was originally meant to be something beautiful (multicolored, detailed).  Then the manufacturing process got screwed up, so someone just said oh well..just spray it all with gold paint and sell it.