Honored Contributor

Re: What item(s) do you not like that you bought at the Q?

An Isaac Mizrahi coat advertised as faux wool.  It was 100% polyester.

Nicely designed classic coat, copy of wool pretty good from a distance; however, the first time I wore it only about 2 hours it stretched out of shape.  It puffed out in the behind, at my elbows, and no longer hung straight.  

Honored Contributor

I could name a few but at the top of the list for me was the Genie Line Smoother. 

Trusted Contributor

two come to mind.....I bought a beauty kit from Laura Geller years ago and every product irritated my skin and it looked like clown make up....second hands down David's cookies that you bake....they have NO real butter in them!...the ones at the grocery store you slice is so much better taste....I just don't understand why these products are selling

Esteemed Contributor

@maximillion wrote:

@happycat wrote:

An It powder foundation. It made my pores look even bigger than they are already.

Philosophy face wash also didn't agree with my skin. Dr. Denese hydroshield seemed to break me out as well. Laura Geller spackle was another no for me, more breakouts.

This is an interesting thread, as when I anwered the thread about what I loved, there were many, many things. This thread has made me realize the majority of what hasn't worked out has been beauty related.  

I would have to agree with you that a lot of beauty items come to mind for me, too! The Laura Gellar Bronze & Brighten was way, way, way too dark on my very fair skin. Since then, she has come out with a lighter version, but I don't care to try it. On the other hand, I know there are others who love this product. Not me, obviously. Also, the Philosophy Purity Made Simple burns my eyes. I had to make sure that I didn't use it at all around my eyes or they would become very irritated. Others love this product and use nothing else. It is obviously not a good cleanser for me, as I can't use it to remove any eye makeup. I never tried the Bare Minerals powders because it just seemed way too messy for me.

I never tried Laura Geller bronze and brighten. I have used an eye makeup remover that did my eyes like the purity made simple did you, if I got it anywhere around them.  I had to laugh about the bare minerals comment, I am back to using it, and yes it makes a mess. Well, I only use it above the mask when I go out.

This thread really should make me think twice before ordering face products. I have sensitive skin, and the fact is a lot of things don't work for me no matter where I get it. I just hadn't really thought about that, in correlation to my QVC purchases, I don't love sending things back and a lot of things that havent worked have would up giving to a neice.  I know a lot of ladies love the things that I have issues with, we just have different skin. And mine likes to make trouble.

Frequent Contributor

I have always referred to Bare Minerals makeup as "messy makeup". LOL LR always sold it, so many women purchased it. LR was friends with Leslie Blodgett.
Honored Contributor

I've ordered a lot through the years at the Q.  I rarely return.  The only items I returned were clothing items that didn't fit.  I didn't dislike them.  They just didn't fit properly.

Respected Contributor

Temptations polka dot mugs. I bought a set about a year ago and loved them and when they came back in I bought another set and the paint on them was so thin the white dots were almost gray, and the red mug was almost pink.

I returned that set thinking they were a painting defect and just received the replacement yesterday and they look exactly the same.

So this set is going back too, it looks like Temptations has gone to a new supplier and the quality is just not there at all.  See the difference:A13F9A27-74C2-4A96-9B87-5553B9AD7190.jpeg

Occasional Contributor

The Honeybell oranges that are on sale every winter.  Terrible, pulpy and no juice. Never again. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SerenityNow  Agreed! I tried those years ago as well and thought they were awful!

KJPA
Esteemed Contributor

A Lock & Lock TSV of glass containers w/covers......the covers didn't fit two of the containers...and the glass was much thinner then the Pyrex pieces i have had in the past....very disappointed