Esteemed Contributor

I'm in Jersey. Waiting for 2 QVC items that actually shipped.

One went to CT and is now back in NJ, the other was in NJ and is now in Philly.

Shipped last week. Today is Monday. I will be lucky if they make it here by the end of the week. Grrrr!

Honored Contributor

Whats with UPS?  I had an order from HSN that got to my city last week then they shipped it off to California where it has delayed it's delivery by at least 5 days.  I don't have it yet.  They say maybe Wednesday.  All transportation is over-burdened and backed-up.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Occasional Contributor

I don't know why QVC is still taking orders. One item I ordered was in stock 5/20, but still hasn't shipped. Qvc has no information on when it will be in, but they won't let me canceled it.  Next item ordered 5/24, started out 5 miles from my house and has been shipped to to different cities in neighboring state. Truly, I would have gladly driven for it. 

Respected Contributor

QVC has no control over UPS, USPS or FedEx.

Shipping can sometimes be a real adventure!

Maybe QVC can offer curbside pick-up---anybody want to drive to PA?

Honored Contributor

USPS doesn't need Covid-19 or riots to to do these things.  Before all this I had a few packages going all over the place.  I think in some cases they are put on the wrong trucks.  

UPS is guilty, too.  I had one leaving Minnesota ended up in California.  When I saw it going west, I called.  Was told they couldn't stop the truck to look for it.  It made it back east two weeks later.  Then it bypassed my state and went north two states. 

Finally, received it a month later.  The item I ordered was so damaged, probably from being thrown around so much, had to return it back to Minnesota.  

Contributor

I believe UPS is the problem with deliveries from QVC and HSN.  I ordered AL vitamins from HSN on May 24th.  The tracking of the item stopped on May 31st when UPS listed it as tranferred to Post Office in VA.  It is stuck there.  So I called HSN and they are resending the order; but its tracking shows that it stuck at UPS in NC for the last few days. 

Recently, I called UPS for a package pick-up at my home and they said they will be in the afternoon to get it. Well, they didn't show up so I called them up.  They said that the tracking showed the package was picked up.  Impossible, I said to them, I have the package here!  Finally they came the next day. 

Honored Contributor

I think USPS has done an outstanding job this year. The pandemic messed up a lot for them.  Remember, not every state is fully functioning and they are buried to their eyeballs in mail.  It's heavier mail than during the holidays since people are ordering what they need instead of shopping.  

Mistakes happen. We all make them.  Postal employees are human and stuff happens whether the workload is crazy huge or pre-pandemic normal.  Give them a break.

Honored Contributor

I have had no issue with QVC getting my orders shipped out in a timely manner.

However, I now have 3 orders that have been sitting at my local post office since the 4th and 5th, that I am waiting to be delivered.  Two of them had an EDD of June 6th and one has an EDD of today.  

I have no idea why these packages have been sitting there for 5 days.

I placed an order with Target yesterday afternoon and it was shipped yesterday afternoon.  It has an EDD of the 12th and is coming USPS.  We'll see what happens.   

Honored Contributor

All carries mechanically sort packages. If there is some issue with the label or scanner, the packages get rerouted to the wrong sorting center.  Then it goes out on another route to get back.

If it goes on the wrong truck it is another store.  They all go to hubs to get places just like the airlines.  It's a sign of the times.  It's not something people do.  It's machines and the system.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva   There are complaints galore here and elsewhere about packages being delivered to USPS by UPS and disappearing.  They are actually so backed up at some locations that it's taking days for them to be delivered.  People become concerned, demand that a duplicate be sent, then the original is delivered, causing the recipients to have to do returns.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment