Frequent Contributor

What is up with surprise backorders lately?

Is anyone else finding that items they ordered weeks ago, when the items were in stock, are now suddenly on back order? In early November I ordered several tops and throws, thinking I'd receive them in plenty of time for Holiday gifting. Fast forward to Dec. 17th - I checked the order statuses and they were all on back order! I really had to scramble to find substitute gifts and had trouble finding nice things because by that time, stuff in the brick and mortar stores was all picked over.

When you order something and pay for it, isn't one of said item reserved for you in QVC's inventory? First ordered, first served? Or do they fill orders randomly and if they run out before they get to your order, too bad for you?

Honored Contributor

Re: What is up with surprise backorders lately?

@glamwitch In the past month at least there have been a LOT of posts about this same issue.

Frequent Contributor

Sorry, I haven't been on the site lately so was not aware others have complained. Does anyone know the reasons behind the many back orders?

Honored Contributor

@glamwitch    I received each of my orders,- all in good condition and on time.  Further, QVC did not charge my card until each of the items had actually shipped.  

Respected Contributor

I have never had an order go to backorder, but if I ordered something in November for gifts I certainly would have been watching its status to see estimated delivery. 

You don't pay for a purchase when you order it. You're not charged until it ships.

Honored Contributor

@glamwitch    At QVC you never pay for an item until it ships so if its on backorder, you never paid for it.

I don't think most people are aware that Covid is still raging in Asia and has had a profound effect on the supply chain.  If people are protectively locked in their homes, they're not in factories working.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

While many retailers are cancelling orders due to bulging warehouses caused by inflation, QVC is suffering from back orders.  

David said a few weeks ago, QVC has been getting all their orders, just not the amount ordered; which says to me there were shortages.  Reorders might be the problem you are seeing.  Those orders just coming in.  

I don't know.  QVC has been different than other retailers in my experience.  

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@glamwitch    At QVC you never pay for an item until it ships so if its on backorder, you never paid for it.

I don't think most people are aware that Covid is still raging in Asia and has had a profound effect on the supply chain.  If people are protectively locked in their homes, they're not in factories working.

@Kachina624 

That's not a good enough excuse as a vendor stated in one of her posts "QVC knows how many items they have and what is in-stock."  Therefore, they should not sell merchandise they don't have OR oversell - not fair to consumer!

I was able to cancel my orders that were in stock then went to "back ordered" @glamwitch and they don't charge you but put a authorization hold on the funds.  My purchases dropped off after a few days.  

Honored Contributor

"Due to delays, many items are on Advance Order, meaning you can grab them now, but they'll ship at a later date. For info on your estimated delivery date, select the Advanced & Waitlist filter. " 

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624 I just don't have these issues with other retailers--where I buy now.  I also have had no trouble canceling backorders except with QVC.  Most other on line stores send me a notice and ask if I want to cancel.

Here you are often held hostage to a backorder.