Honored Contributor

Re: What is the purpose of Q2 when....

Today a host was talking to Leah about her presentation on the other channel coming up.... she repeated the same vendors and products that Leah just had on her show???  So why would I want to go see that AGAIN?

I think all these channels are just confusing and not really doing much.  Most viewers are not even able to see them on their TV's through their cable.  I see this as an idea going bust....

Honored Contributor

@MomCat wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

What irks me is when they have a show of a boring TSV on QVC, then a earlier show of the same product on Q2.  This is not utilizing this resource wisely because I won't watch either. 

Definition of boring? I totally expect QVC to run the value of the day over and over, and for all other products shown that day to pretty much be in the same category. If these products are of no interest to me I don't tune in that day. I'm not seeing the problem.

@MomCat

If no ones tunes in because they don't want nor need the TSV and these viewers don't buy.....and that's where QVC is right now....there revenues have declined for quite a while now.............and that's a problem for QVC

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@MomCat

If no ones tunes in because they don't want nor need the TSV and these viewers don't buy.....and that's where QVC is right now....there revenues have declined for quite a while now.............and that's a problem for QVC

"NO one tunes in"??  Retail sales are in a declining state everywhere.  QVC wouldn't exist at all, much less be adding stations, if NO one tuned in.  We can't ALL be interested in buying the same products on a home shopping channel, so why tune in when things aren't being presented that I'm interested in?  That would be boring.  That would be like ME being stuck in an Academy (hunting, fishing and sporting) store for hours.  I would go crazy!

Honored Contributor

Two channels up the percentages of viewers.  I can't get QVC2 but can get QVC.  I imagine there are people who can't get QVC but can now get QVC2....  more opportunity for sales if there are more people watching, pre-recorded or live!  Sounds like a promising leap of faith.....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

Two channels up the percentages of viewers.  I can't get QVC2 but can get QVC.  I imagine there are people who can't get QVC but can now get QVC2....  more opportunity for sales if there are more people watching, pre-recorded or live!  Sounds like a promising leap of faith.....

What @Q4u described is essentially what's happening here.  When I subscribed to cable, I got QVC but not Q2.  We ditched cable and went with an indoor antenna.  Now I can get Q2 but not QVC.  With the antenna I can also get HSN, Evine, and other shopping channels I'd never heard of. (HSN & Evine are the actual live channels I got when I had cable--not prerecorded shows like Q2.) From what I'm hearing from people around town, there are increasingly more people ditching cable because of the significant rate increases in this area.  Q2 allows QVC to be competitive in homes around here where there is an antenna but no cable subscription.