Honored Contributor

Re: What is the craziest presentation that you've seen on the Q?

I don't know about craziest, but there is one that stands out for me.

Jill Bauer was selling an electronic fly swatter.  It looked like a regular fly swatter, but about twice the size.  It zapped flies by just coming in contact with it and delivering an electronic jolt to kill it.

Jill was talking and then absentmindedly swatted the palm of her hand.  That thing sent an electronic jolt that made her shoulders tense up, and her hand jump.  You could even hear it.  She didn't appear to be hurt at all though.  It only lasted a couple of seconds.  She kept right on talking without missing a beat, never acknowledging what just happened.

Never saw that product on air again.   

Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

I remember when a jewelry vendor was high as a kite and Cathy Pedreyas was the host.  They finally went to a "commercial" and got her off the air and Cathy took over the rest of the show solo. 

I saw the same recently, This is a very popular jewelry vendor. I don't remember who the host was. 

Trusted Contributor

Shawn Killinger in a black cocktail dress and helmet riding around the set on a hoverboard.  She looses her balance and falls backwards and lands on her rear end.  Hilarious. 

Contributor

@CoffeeNut wrote:

Shawn Killinger in a black cocktail dress and helmet riding around the set on a hoverboard.  She looses her balance and falls backwards and lands on her rear end.  Hilarious. 

Oh I saw that.  Shawn is always such a giver.

Occasional Contributor

Many years ago a former host named Steve Bryant was doing a late night show that called for him to present a baby doll that peed in her diaper after you gave her a bottle. Steve was totally out of his element and I'm not sure he ever mastered the full demonstration. But he was a witty guy and finessed everything with humor, and it was great fun. 

Esteemed Contributor

@KBEANS  I watched that much anticipated debut of Jessica's fashion line, on HSN. I like her, but it was a very uncomfortable show to watch. Colleen was the host presenting with her, and as always, she was a consummate professional! Initially, I thought it might have been a bad case of nerves, although it quickly became obvious that something was seriously wrong. I felt bad for her, and HAD to change the channel.😐 

In the years that I've seen since then, she has been her usual charming, poised and witty self.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

New Contributor

Yes! Jessica Simpson was on HSN and the host was Colleen Lopez.

Frequent Contributor

Well this is going back many years. It was about 3:00am. Mike Rowe had to present a dloo of some kind. He was pretending to be flirting with the doll. All I know is I did not see him on show after that. His bio says he was fired. Honest to God!

Frequent Contributor

The word was doll.

Valued Contributor

I was going to post this. It was painful. It was HSN. She seemed high on benzos and alcohol. That was my guess.