Frequent Contributor

Re: What is the craziest presentation that you've seen on the Q?

David Venable was presenting the TrueBalance Wooden Handheld Balancer game (T35316) and invited some of the crew to get in front of the camera and try it.  They ended up having a contest to see who could balance theirs first.  One of the crew guys was facing David as they watched each other try to balance their game when David told the guy his breath stunk.  I could not believe it.  He wasn't saying it as a distraction to win the game or to be funny.  David was dead serious, and it was really mean-spirited.  I was so embarassed for that guy.   

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I remember watching Nick Chavez run toward the camera to say hello to a customer caller and he slipped and fell on his backside. He was so hype that night and he was yelling, "I fell on my hiney" My whole family was laughing. We kept running the segment back as long as we could . I wish I could have taped it. We were peeing our pants. 😝 

Also Jessica Simpson's first appearance selling her shoe line.  It was so obvious that she was whacked! It was bad, and a disgrace.  I don't remember if it was The Q or HSN, or who the host was. Anyone remember this?

Valued Contributor

Back in the early 90's QVC had an overnight host that was drunk for all her shifts. Her speech was slurred on all the presentations. I couldn't believe that she was left on air. One day, she just disappeared.

Frequent Contributor

These are great and making me LOL.  I remember Leah selling clothing and speaking to a caller when someone picked up another receiver in the house and the caller said, "Can't you see I'm on the F*&^@#+ phone?" The model was shocked and Leah laughed but handled it professionally. I lost it.

Honored Contributor

Way back at the beginning when Mike  Rowe was a host.  He was so funny.  He once held up an item and said he didn't know what it was and invited people to call In and tell him what it was and what to do with it.

You can look up some of his presentations on YouTube.

Valued Contributor

@kbeabs it’s on YouTube if you search Nick Chavez falls on QVC.

There are so funny bloopers and awkward moments on YouTube.
Super Contributor

When Geoffrey Zakarian invited David Venable and Allan to The Lambs restaurant in NY.

Respected Contributor

Years ago Dan Wheeler had a male caller who said something about Howard Stern's P***s. It was cut too late , as audible. Dan continued  on as a real Pro, not reacting.

Trusted Contributor

From Kathy Levine:

Many of you have written to say you enjoyed the pony gift from Joan that someone graciously kept on video.
Some of you have questioned a memory about a sheep as part of my barnyard gift collection. Unfortunately I do not have access to that momentous occasion in my life, but I can explain:

I believe it was our 7th anniversary together, and wool is the gift for that year. As we wrapped up the show, Joan said she wanted to buy me something symbolic for our seventh, so she thought of buying me a sweater. Then she thought better of it and decided I should knit my own sweater from my very own sheep. Out from backstage walked a person with a LIVE sheep.

I am an animal lover, particularly dogs, but definitely farm animals as well.
I saw this wooly beauty and went crazy. I screamed, I laughed, and I ran over like a shot to pet it, leaving Joan alone on the other side.

What no one knew or saw at first was that Joan had her microphone battery pack wrapped around the chair instead of attached to her waistline.
She was basically tethered to her chair, a prisoner.
Instead of being a prima donna, typical of most celebrities calling attention to their dilemma and taking away from the perfect moment, Joan sucked it up and grabbed her chair right to her butt and waddled on over slowly. When I turned around and saw her schlepping herself with this big heavy chair stuck to her aszs, it absolutely doubled me in half and I lost it for 5 minutes. It was one of the funniest moments of my TV life.
Back in the Green Room afterwards, I made Joan watch the tape and we both stood there with tears running down our faces.
Only Joan. They broke the mold after her.
Baaaaaaaaah

Esteemed Contributor

A few years ago I was watching a presentation, can't quite remember the product, I think it was some kind of electronics.  Dan Hughes was the host and a young dark haired vendor, not sure who she was, she isn't on anymore........Anyway they were both standing at a table presenting the item when suddenly the girl fainted on air!!  They quickly moved the camera to show the item only and when the camera came back Carolyn Gracie had stepped in with Dan. (she was coming up next)   They did comment that the vendor was "okay" and being brought to the hospital, continuing with the presentation.......  It was very strange.