Respected Contributor

Re: What is the best mascara?

Any of the L'Oréal varieties worked well when I wore mascara.

Trusted Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

For me--I am loving tartes tube mascara!!. I have at least 5 different brands of mascara--from cheap to high end---that are just not working for me.  I did order the tube mascara and it is really good for me. I had chemo 12 years ago, so lost all my hair--it did grow back but my lashes--OMG!!!! they are a hot mess--going every which way and very short and stubby---they have calmed down now but  other mascara makes them look like spider legs--the tube mascara does not. I can actually get good looking lashes with 2 coats only, that look pretty darn ----normal!!

I love tarte mascara as well, however I do notice they dry up faster than others, a woman at ulta,   from tarte,  said to make sure you twirl in the tube to coat, never pump because it allows air to enter which causes it to dry up faster. Seems to be working 

Valued Contributor

I have tried so many mascaras from Tarte, Benefit, Maybelline, Urban Decay, Lancome, Loreal....the list goes on and on.I've been on a  quest to find a good one but I'm frequently disappointed.  My favorite is a tubing mascara by Thrive Causmetics. You can only order it online but it's the only one that is noticeable on my eyes and doesn't flake off.  Just the other day I thought I should again try some new ones so I got another Loreal one (that was top rated) and even the cheap "Bye Bye Panda Eyes" that got raves. But I was so disappointed as they do nothing for my eyes. So I'm just sticking with Thrive.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm constantly trying mascaras - all of them from super expensive to cheap; I recently bought L'Oreal Panorama Volumizing and Lengthening and really like it.  Laura Geller's Kajal mascara is a good one too.  I like very black mascara and thinner brushes. 

My favorite all time mascara was Maybelline Lash Stylist which had a comb applicator.  Of course they discontinued it.  I've never found one I like as much.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am currently using Laura Geller's Kajai Mascara and really like it.  Purchased the trio set a few months ago A625657 for $40.00.

Occasional Contributor

It's VERY inexpensive but I love it... ESSENCE mascara.  You can get it at Ulta or at Amazon for $5ish... sometimes less.  When I want my lashes to be super long I use a coat of Essence and a coat of Bad Girl.  

Occasional Contributor

Definicils by Lancome.

Respected Contributor

@Amyecd wrote:

It's VERY inexpensive but I love it... ESSENCE mascara.  You can get it at Ulta or at Amazon for $5ish... sometimes less.  When I want my lashes to be super long I use a coat of Essence and a coat of Bad Girl.  

I tried the Essence and I LOVE it!  The Princess False Lash one.  It's very black and it's not dry.  GREAT mascara.  THANKS SO MUCH!

Esteemed Contributor

I use Bang mascara, makes my lashes really long.