Esteemed Contributor

I happened to tune in last night during a commercial and there was Jane and her glass of wine.  Is she promoting wine or what?  It really looks silly the way she holds that glass.  Anyone know?

Esteemed Contributor

She's promoting "Fri-yay"  !!!    They've been doing that show with glasses of wine for quite awhile now.  Some people don't like it but I don't mind it at all.  I think it gives a relaxed flair to the show.  I like Jane, hope this doesn't turn into a bash session, I'll need a second cup of coffee for that.

Trusted Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

She's promoting "Fri-yay"  !!!    They've been doing that show with glasses of wine for quite awhile now.  Some people don't like it but I don't mind it at all.  I think it gives a relaxed flair to the show.  I like Jane, hope this doesn't turn into a bash session, I'll need a second cup of coffee for that.

@LindaSal    I agree.  Jane does a nice job of presenting products.  Some people don't appreciate her enthusiasm...but it doesn't bother me.  " To each his...or her..own. ".  

Respected Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

I happened to tune in last night during a commercial and there was Jane and her glass of wine.  Is she promoting wine or what?  It really looks silly the way she holds that glass.  Anyone know?

My guess would be something that is sold by QVC.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

As discussed many times here before (not complaining about that), QVC sells wine, so it's logical to me to use it in set designs for other shows, to promote it.

Sales 101.....Product Placement

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Valued Contributor

I don't think they are promoting their wines at all.  It's just  that happy hour, happy fri-yay thing.

Honored Contributor

Google " Mommy Wine Culture," QV.C.never misses an opportunity to jump on a bandwagon.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I'm way over the wine/girls night/lets wear our pjs/ type of shows that have increased over the last year or so. 

Seems most every show has to now have everyone tipping back a wine glass these days. I get this is how a lot of people live, with a glass of wine in their hands most evenings, but it's not my lifestyle or values, and while I don't mind them doing it for some shows, it seems to be kind of taking over the network.

Pretty soon they will be on the exercise equipment, trying not to spill that glass of wine.

Over done pandering, and getting old quickly.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I'm way over the wine/girls night/lets wear our pjs/ type of shows that have increased over the last year or so. 

Seems most every show has to now have everyone tipping back a wine glass these days. I get this is how a lot of people live, with a glass of wine in their hands most evenings, but it's not my lifestyle or values, and while I don't mind them doing it for some shows, it seems to be kind of taking over the network.

Pretty soon they will be on the exercise equipment, trying not to spill that glass of wine.

@Mominohio   Well said!

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

The other night Shawn was walking on the treadmill with a glass of wine. BTW she didn't spill any. 

The wine thing is kinda old, but then again, so are alot of things on the Q. 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!