Honored Contributor

Re: What is happening with Shawn?

@Greenhouse wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Stray

The Left coast, of course. Smiley Surprised We live in a tiny beach community in SoCal. And you?

NJ right across the GW bridge about 15 minutes outside NYC.  Pleased to meet you; you seem very intelligent and nice.   

She sure is!

Esteemed Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@Greenhouse wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Stray

The Left coast, of course. Smiley Surprised We live in a tiny beach community in SoCal. And you?

NJ right across the GW bridge about 15 minutes outside NYC.  Pleased to meet you; you seem very intelligent and nice.   

@suzyQ3 @Stray  me too about 10mins from the GW 

@jackthebear What town? Small world! 

Honored Contributor

@Stray

begins with H  very small town

Esteemed Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@Stray

begins with H  very small town

@jackthebear Ending in K?  

Trusted Contributor

I wonder why everyone is blaming Shawn?  Think about it, she is not a boss at the Q and I seriously just don't think she can say anything she pleases without the Q's approval, knowledge, suggestion or maybe even encouragement.  Let's face it, we all know that shopping channels are only concerned about one thing, the almighty dollar.

I would much rather listen to Shawn than Jane and her constant rantings about her daughters, her sister, dance recitals and details about her vacations every single time she's on.  And don't even let me go there with her Jane's Jam during her shoe shows.

Shawn is one of my favorite hosts and she's been through a lot, which I can also relate to. Her religion means a lot to her and that's one of the things that I admire.  I enjoy her inspirational jewelry shows, even though I get teary eyed, but I guess that's because I, myself have had and have my share of  problems and heartaches. Some of you need to give her a break and not be so harsh.  She is a very caring person and IMO, she doesn't deserve the constant  vicious remarks constantly made about her on these forums.  

Contributor

Well Shawn "outs" everyone else (such as telling the world Carolyn Gracie had breast cancer).  She "tells" all and at times it makes one think - enough! 

Trusted Contributor

do you think that Shawn would just make that announcement without permission?

Honored Contributor

The issue for some of us isn't about whether or not QVC should offer inspirational jewelry nor is it about whether or not Shawn should sell. And no one really questions that QVC either condones or promotes the methods she and others employ to sell products, and THAT is the gist of it. Some of us are of the opinion that hosts should not routinely use loss, suffering, illness, grief and so on to promote sales and that QVC clearly should not condone or promote these sorts of sales tactics. Shawn may well be the most likely one to do so, but others have used these strategies as well. Regardless of who's using them, it's tacky, at best. It's as though QVC is preying on the sadness of some viewers to move the goods and that doesn't smack of integrity. Frankly, it smells of desperation.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Luvtoshopathome wrote:

I wonder why everyone is blaming Shawn?  Think about it, she is not a boss at the Q and I seriously just don't think she can say anything she pleases without the Q's approval, knowledge, suggestion or maybe even encouragement.  Let's face it, we all know that shopping channels are only concerned about one thing, the almighty dollar.

I would much rather listen to Shawn than Jane and her constant rantings about her daughters, her sister, dance recitals and details about her vacations every single time she's on.  And don't even let me go there with her Jane's Jam during her shoe shows.

Shawn is one of my favorite hosts and she's been through a lot, which I can also relate to. Her religion means a lot to her and that's one of the things that I admire.  I enjoy her inspirational jewelry shows, even though I get teary eyed, but I guess that's because I, myself have had and have my share of  problems and heartaches. Some of you need to give her a break and not be so harsh.  She is a very caring person and IMO, she doesn't deserve the constant  vicious remarks constantly made about her on these forums.  

I too love Shawn, but please don't knock Jane, because I like her too and especially Jane's Jam.  And yes it does get tiresome hearing the stories about the girls, etc.  But hey.  Listen we are all entitled to our opinions, just having some fun with you, hope you take it that way.  Take care.

Trusted Contributor

Snowwhite714, No worries you certainly are entitled to express your opinion about who you like.  I'm not a fan of Jane's rantings but it's not that I dislike her as a person.  And have all the fun you want, it doesn't bother me at all.  You take care too.