Respected Contributor

What is happening with Shawn?

I just heard Pat say that our thoughts and prayers are with Shawn and Joe. Pat is filling in for Shawn on The Find.

Frequent Contributor

Re: What is happening with Shawn?

@chessylady wrote:

I just heard Pat say that our thoughts and prayers are with Shawn and Joe. Pat is filling in for Shawn on The Find.

Shawn's father-in-law passed away.

Wen user for over 14 years.

Favorite formulas: TT, LAV, SCM, FTP, WCM, 613, MIF, BGT
Respected Contributor

Sorry to hear that, sad time for them.

Honored Contributor

Someone told me she had done a very sweet blog about her FIL, but I still haven't pulled it up. I'm sorry for their family.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Shawn's father-in-law passed, so she was out for a few days.  However, she said she would be back last night working, and that's why she didn't make it to NY for NY Fashion Week with some of the other hosts who went.  But unfortunately, her own father, who was visiting, took ill suddenly and she had to take care of him in the hospital last night, hence she missed additional shows.  All this is from Shawn posting all this on her FB and IG pages.

Honored Contributor

Not even sure why Pat would even bring this up about SK.  This isn't her business to talk about.

If the 'regular' host isn't/can't be there, just say "I'm filling in for --person".

And it's no one's business (us) as to why the host isn't there.

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

Not even sure why Pat would even bring this up about SK.  This isn't her business to talk about.

If the 'regular' host isn't/can't be there, just say "I'm filling in for --person".

A cynical person would say that this kind of message is all about promoting QVC as one big family that includes the customers. Apparently, judging by posts on these forums about the hosts' and vendors' personal lives, this promotion is very successful.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

I agree that it is nobody's business why someone is not at work.  If Shawn wants to share it with people through social media, that is one thing.  But to make mention of it to the entire viewing audience, so that everybody is aware there is an issue, whether they care or not, is not right in my opinion.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, Pat should have known Shawn has been telling the national audience of this everytime she sells a religious article and would want to speak of it herself.

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

I have to disagree. There are a lot of QVC viewers who do not post here and who probably do not use the Internet much. If they watch QVC a lot, they have come to "know" the hosts and would wonder whenever one of them was out for a while without an explanation. I think what Pat did was considerate and kind, letting the viewers know they should be thinking about Shawn.

Personally, I don't mind at all when the hosts share news about their families and themselves. I know a lot of posters disagree with me. But I shop here, and I rejoice in the hosts' and vendors' joys, and I am sad for their losses. I also have come to know the salespeople in my favorite other stores, and I care about them too! 

I get requests to pray for and/or keep in my thoughts people I don't even know. Sometimes it comes from just talking to a salesperson at a store who has a son going overseas or a daughter taking her law school admission test. I am happy to think about that person, and in my case, pray for them! Smiley Happy