New Contributor

Re: What is happening with Shawn?

Thank u so much , beach Mom for such a touching post , it's like u were reading my mind. I feel the same way and I have watched the QVC since I was 20 almost 25 yrs next yr and I am the minority, as I watch theQ but am not into the fb, IG, social sites. I also agree & seeing so many hosts leave, like Lisa R. , who was imo, special funny and always telling stories.. I also appreciate the hosts who share if it's a blessed event, or just sharing something with Q viewers and devoted customers . So , I also will keep her in my prayers and appreciate your post.
Doxiemommy3
Honored Contributor

@Luvtoshopathome wrote:

I'm a little sick of this political correct bull.  Many years ago none of this went on but all of a sudden people are offended by saying Christmas or not allowed to say God in the Pledge of Allegiance?  We no longer are allowed to say Chinese Auction, now we have to say Tricky Tray because a certain group of people were offended.  I just don't understand any of this, today everyone's offended by something and things must change.  

Sorry but the most important thing about Christmas, is it is the day Jesus was born and we Catholics/Christians celebrate his birth on that day.  It seems people forget that and instead make it all just about gifts and decorating.  I'm certainly not saying that I'm against exchanging gifts or decorating but we also must remember the true meaning of Christmas.

If you choose to play the victim care here, by all means, do so. But about 90 percent of your post is just false. The only thing that is true, IMO, is your description of the basis of Christmas.

Please enjoy your holiday. May I recommend that you do so with the tenets of your religion -- kindness, charity, and tolerance -- in mind instead of bitterness and aggression.

Focus on your faith and spirituality and not some ginned up anger at...?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

I agree with you.  Plus, if Shawn made it public on Social Media, then it isn't a big secret is it?  Some of these women on here act so strangely about Shawn.  I mean, no one can say anything and I find it tiring.  Ladies - news flash!  Internet postings are not private.   I only came to the forums tonight, because I heard Gabrielle and Isaac saying they wish Shawn well.  I thought she left QVC.  

I find it ridiculous for people to be so sensitive about privacy when it's being posted on a public forum.  

Trusted Contributor

Suzyq3, I am certainly not playing the victim here.  You say this because I am tired of this politically correct bull?  Well, yes I am.  Wouldn't it be nice if everyone could live in peace and not make such a big deal over something that was called a Chinese Auction for years and years but now, it's offensive.  We are not allowed to say God in the Pledge of Allegiance and when Christmas comes our government buildings can no longer put a manger outside with the baby Jesus but other religions can display things for their faith?  Do you think that's fair? 

And BTW, I do enjoy my holidays and you know why because I volunteer at my Church where we prepare and send dinners to the home bound, homeless, sick and others who have no families, which is over 700 people.  It's my favorite time of the year because the feeling you get when you bring smiles to these people is so rewarding and priceless.  

You certainly don't know me, so please don't tell me I'm bitter or angry.  I am stating facts of what goes on today and it's a disgrace.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Luvtoshopathome wrote:

Suzyq3, I am certainly not playing the victim here.  You say this because I am tired of this politically correct bull?  Well, yes I am.  Wouldn't it be nice if everyone could live in peace and not make such a big deal over something that was called a Chinese Auction for years and years but now, it's offensive.  We are not allowed to say God in the Pledge of Allegiance and when Christmas comes our government buildings can no longer put a manger outside with the baby Jesus but other religions can display things for their faith?  Do you think that's fair? 

And BTW, I do enjoy my holidays and you know why because I volunteer at my Church where we prepare and send dinners to the home bound, homeless, sick and others who have no families, which is over 700 people.  It's my favorite time of the year because the feeling you get when you bring smiles to these people is so rewarding and priceless.  

You certainly don't know me, so please don't tell me I'm bitter or angry.  I am stating facts of what goes on today and it's a disgrace.  

"God" is still in the Pledge. BTW, did you know that is was added fairly recently -- in the 1950s at the height of the Red Scare.

As for do I think that it's fair that government buildings can display one specific religion's symbols at Christmas time or any other time? Heck yes. We are NOT a theocracy, and we have no established state religion. Display them all you want on private property.

So those are the facts. And IMO, although sometimes taken to an absurd degree, I'm very glad that it's no longer politically correct to say and do some of the things that used to be routine and approved. If one does not like or understand living in a diverse society, there are places where theocracy reigns.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland