Valued Contributor

So it used to be that once the TSV had its final presentation (too few for another presentation or it tanked) there would be OTOs for the rest of the day, and the OTO for each show would be on the home page at the beginning of each show.

Now it seems they throw OTOs in randomly and they don't show them on the home page at all until they've been presented.

Obviously the Q can do what they want, but when you have a system that works, why mess with it???

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What is going on with OTOs

[ Edited ]

They are taking a lesson from Evine live. They have  2 TTV's most of the time and OTO's often.  Their reasoning is that the price will be at it lowest for the year.  Offering shoppers better deals throught the day.

They also run a great show called SHHHHH in the middle of the night for people to get a second chance at specials that did not sell out and that they might have missed.

Q has to do better they are priced higher than so many other places.

Esteemed Contributor

They changed how the OTO's are presented a few months back. They offer them throughout the day on different items.

I actually like the new system better.

Respected Contributor

What is there NOT to like about having a sale?  QVC should have done this long ago.  They probably know there are many of us who aren't tuned in all the time, and they are trying to get us to watch more by adding more OTO's. 

Honored Contributor

Why complain about a system that offers more items priced lower than its regular price?  I much prefer the new system.

Honored Contributor

They were doing OTOs during the day when the TSV was still available anyway - they called them "for this show only" prices.  Maybe they still have those too, I don't really watch much. 

Honored Contributor

@hopi wrote:

They also run a great show called SHHHHH in the middle of the night for people to get a second chance at specials that did not sell out and that they might have missed.

QVC has also started this. They run periodic late night specials from 10 p.m. to 3 a.m. It gives those of us who can't always see the lunchtime specials another opportunity. I bought 4 scarves for Christmas presents on the first one of these I noticed. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@hopi wrote:

QVC has also started this. They run periodic late night specials from 10 p.m. to 3 a.m. It gives those of us who can't always see the lunchtime specials another opportunity. I bought 4 scarves for Christmas presents on the first one of these I noticed. Smiley Happy

how do you find these late night specials? Easy to miss if they make them difficult or impossible to find!

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@beach-mom wrote:

@hopi wrote:

how do you find these late night specials? Easy to miss if they make them difficult or impossible to find!

@HappyDaze, I've given up trying to figure out how to track them down individually, or hoping that QVC would send me notifications, so I've developed a work-around.

On the menu bar at the top of the page there's a section called Deals. I click on deals and that takes me to a page where HOTpicks! Plus is listed on the left had side of the page.

When I click on the HOTpicks! Plus link, that takes me to a page which lists the TSV, featured values and (I believe) all of the day's OTOs.

So 2-4 times a day (basically whenever I think of it), I click on this link to quickly find out if any interesting OTOs have been added to this page. 

For late night OTOs I guess you could check it out just before you go to bed.

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

Hi HappyDaze! Sorry - we were away this weekend and I'm just now seeing this. I'm almost always on late at night, after 10 p.m. On the home page, if you scroll down, they show up (I think in the same place as the LTS). There doesn't seem to be any particular pattern, but I'm guessing we'll see them more frequently now as we come closer and closer to the holiday season. Smiley Happy