Respected Contributor

Re: What is a good QVC customer?

Very thoughtful, well expressed replies ladies. Now if Q would translate all this good will into a rewards program I believe they would see improved sales. 

Honored Contributor

Thanks to all for writing such thoughtful answers to my question.  Lots for all of us to consider and for QVC, too.

Respected Contributor

When you look up good QVC customer in the dictionary, you see my picture.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Probably not someone who says (and expects) they think they should receive special favors!

Esteemed Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

In another thread, someone asked for consideration because she's a good customer of QVC.  That made me wonder -  what is a good customer?

I think I used to be one ---for a year or two, I bought quite a bit, some of it fairly high end.  I must have been a bit crazy for a while there because QVC wasn't the only place I seemed to be a good customer.  Yes, I could pay for everything I bought the month I bought it and I did, but that didn't make all the spending sensible, so I put myself on a diffferent budget the next year.

I'm still there three years later - I don't think anyone would call me a good customer right now unless a good customer is just a person who pays for what she orders.  And that leaves my question -  what's a good customer?

When  discovered QVC in 2003, I loved watching the show and having everything described to me by sometimes expert. Something you don't find in B&M and have to hunt up a salesperson to even pay for what you want.

So I bought and bought, and lots and lots. I researched enough to know I was getting good quality and good value, and of course it was very convenient. 

I was the perfect customer for the Q: spent lots of money, was pleased with almost everything.

Turn quickly to 2016, and I'm a poor customer. The quality is no longer there, the value is no longer there, and even the convenience is not there. And the reason I watched the show to get expert opinions on the product from the host and vendor is gone.

I still take a chance once in a while, but even then I usually lose. The Q has become a risk. No quality control, value can be found elsewhere and so can convenience. The host details have gone, replaced with some kind of popularity, song and dance competition. I used to be one of the 90% loyal customers the Q depends on for a long while. They've let me down now, but somehow, I keep hoping they will come back.  

Esteemed Contributor

What @febe1 said! 

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Trusted Contributor

What is a good customer?   Someone who can watch chatty vendors and hosts that tries to talk faster and at times does not explain what they are selling. Having to watch mattress,computers, vacuum cleaners etc. over and over again.  Christmas shows that start in July . Missing some of the good vendors that have left.  Yet you always find something to buy. Purchasing the item and heaven forbid return something to be so costly. I have been with QVC back in the Kathy L. days. Still buy from the Q . Love the customer service. A few times they have helped me. I have spent much through the years and I trust QVC.  So I guess there is more to the meaning of a good customer. Yes I could change the channel but sometimes it's just fun to watch the circus. 

Honored Contributor

A good customer is someone who buys a lot of stuff, doesn't return much, and always has room on her credit card for her easy pays.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hopi wrote:

Been with Q since Kathy Levin walked on screen to meet Bob Bowersox

and said this is QVC.

That puts me at Saint level  - looking for that emotie right now

@hopi

Saint Hopi.  😇

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I was the perfect customer for the Q: spent lots of money, was pleased with almost everything.

Turn quickly to 2016, and I'm a poor customer. The quality is no longer there, the value is no longer there, and even the convenience is not there. And the reason I watched the show to get expert opinions on the product from the host and vendor is gone.

I still take a chance once in a while, but even then I usually lose. The Q has become a risk. No quality control, value can be found elsewhere and so can convenience. The host details have gone, replaced with some kind of popularity, song and dance competition. I used to be one of the 90% loyal customers the Q depends on for a long while. They've let me down now, but somehow, I keep hoping they will come back.  

Well said.  This is what change in management control can do.  They eliminate all the frills and stick to what pleases the shareholders and bottom line.  I don't think they will come back to their original format.  You can just hope maybe a change in the future results in something more entertaining with better quality products.