Contributor

Re: What if it doesn't arrive before 12/25?

QVC has a strange way of shipping things for Christmas. Over the last couple days we ordered a number of items hoping they could get the items here as promised. The strange thing is the way they choose to ship- we live in Upstate NY and an item item that shipped from NJ went out UPS Blue and will be here tommorow but items shipping from South Carolina are all shipping UPS Ground which usually means they have tracking showing package is on it's way to a UPS facility and no update until it appears at the local UPS site. Of course a couple items are still sitting with a UPS status of billing info recieved -good luck with that! QVC should take a lesson from Wally World - for 2 days they had free shipping with delivery by the 24th with  no minimum and all our items are on their way via FEDEX.

Respected Contributor

@FranCNY wrote:

QVC has a strange way of shipping things for Christmas. Over the last couple days we ordered a number of items hoping they could get the items here as promised. The strange thing is the way they choose to ship- we live in Upstate NY and an item item that shipped from NJ went out UPS Blue and will be here tommorow but items shipping from South Carolina are all shipping UPS Ground which usually means they have tracking showing package is on it's way to a UPS facility and no update until it appears at the local UPS site. Of course a couple items are still sitting with a UPS status of billing info recieved -good luck with that! QVC should take a lesson from Wally World - for 2 days they had free shipping with delivery by the 24th with  no minimum and all our items are on their way via FEDEX.

LOL, I've ordered multiples of the same thing and had them shipped different ways so it's not just Christmas.  The drone says it will be UPS ground if it ever ships.   It's been in process since the 11th.     Had it been for a child I'd have bought one at a regular store.   

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Valued Contributor

I ordered the Canon TSV on 12/19 and my card was charged immediately. As of 12/21 in the evening, it has still not shipped. This means there is no way it will get here before Friday. I ordered another item on 12/14 that shipped on 12/17. It has been in my state the whole weekend and left one place in Colorado midday 12/20 which normally means it will be out for delivery the next day. It was not delivered today and there is no update as to its current location. 

I do do have an Amazon Prime Membership and their shipments get here when they say they will. QVC packages used to, and do if shipped USPS, but not UPS

Honored Contributor

@NanaLinda wrote:

I've learned from past experience NOT to order anything I need for Christmas after Dec. 5...my rule and it's saved me from being disappointed numerous times.  

Dec. 5th is also my rule for ordering items that 'have to' be delivered  in time for Christmas. It works for me.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Common sense is lost these days. Q cannot make a guarantee like this.  All they can do is ship it.  Once it leaves Q, it's up to USPS, UPS, FedEx.   And everyone knows carriers are buried to their eyeballs in December.   If someone really needs something by Christmas, they need to order much earlier.   I hate to be hard hearted but I don't feel sorry for anyone who orders after Dec 5th and doesn't receive their items by Christmas.

Respected Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

Common sense is lost these days. Q cannot make a guarantee like this.  All they can do is ship it.  Once it leaves Q, it's up to USPS, UPS, FedEx.   And everyone knows carriers are buried to their eyeballs in December.   If someone really needs something by Christmas, they need to order much earlier.   I hate to be hard hearted but I don't feel sorry for anyone who orders after Dec 5th and doesn't receive their items by Christmas.

This is true.  Q should really quit promising it tho.   LOL, the only thing I'm actually getting is the emjoi I bought on clearance just for the rollers.   The drone which I ordered in Nov. hasn't even shipped yet.  

I-80 isn't closed yet, but it's got a lot of restricted travel for high profile vehicles.  We just got dumped on again.    While it seems like a southern interstate, the last guy I talked to was trying to get to Mn. 

I think the snow is making up for our lack of it for the last 2 years.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

I'm not one who orders gifts within a week's window, but a couple of years ago on an order ahead of Christmas, when it didn't show up until the day after, QVC automatically refunded my shipping charge.  I didn't have to do a thing.  Nice.  Especially when I didn't care one way or the other. 

Contributor

Three years ago, I ordered 3 things for Christmas delivery and paid the extra money
Got none of the 3.
Had to refuse them at my post office, and waited 3 weeks to get my refund.

Not worth it in my opinion.

Super Contributor

Simple... why don't you call the Q and ask what their policy is?

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@millieshops - your post made me think of the person a few years ago who wrote a long, enraged rant about QVC spoiling her little girl's entire Christmas because she didn't get the present she (the mom) waited until a few days before Christmas to order.

I think she wanted huge compensation for the distress and trauma to both her and her child.  Saying how do you explain to a crying child that she had nothing for Christmas because QVC didn't honor their promise to deliver in time?  

She didn't get a whole lot of sympathy on these boards!  If it's that important, who would wait until the last minute and then order online?  Go out and buy something or order in sufficient time to make sure your child's Christmas isn't "ruined".  (Anyone remember the real meaning of Christmas?)

I remember that post and while I think she was being a bit dramatic, one never knows what someone else is going through that caused them to wait until the last minute to shop and then order on-line to boot.