Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: What if it doesn't arrive before 12/25?

This comes up every year, and every year there are lots of angry and disappointed posts  on December 26th because items didn't arrive in time for Christmas.  This has been going on for years on these forums, and the bottom line is that the guarantee is meaningless.

I asked QVC about it, and was told that they are ultimately not responsible because of variables such as weather, carriers, unforeseen circumstances, etc  Okay, fair enough.  But then they should stop making this guarantee!  Because every single year they make a big deal about guaranteed arrival by Christmas when they know very well that they cannot guarantee any such thing.  

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Venezia wrote:

@millieshops - your post made me think of the person a few years ago who wrote a long, enraged rant about QVC spoiling her little girl's entire Christmas because she didn't get the present she (the mom) waited until a few days before Christmas to order.

I think she wanted huge compensation for the distress and trauma to both her and her child.  Saying how do you explain to a crying child that she had nothing for Christmas because QVC didn't honor their promise to deliver in time?  

She didn't get a whole lot of sympathy on these boards!  If it's that important, who would wait until the last minute and then order online?  Go out and buy something or order in sufficient time to make sure your child's Christmas isn't "ruined".  (Anyone remember the real meaning of Christmas?)

I remember that post and while I think she was being a bit dramatic, one never knows what someone else is going through that caused them to wait until the last minute to shop and then order on-line to boot.

Perhaps, but nothing about her rant rang true.  It seemed more like she was making a case for lots of compensation.  And I still say, whatever her circumstances, she could've done something for her "little girl's" Christmas.  My mother did for our family and, believe me, she had next to nothing to spend.  We still enjoyed Christmas and being with family.

Honored Contributor

Just wanted to add a final post to say all three of my packages arrived today, as promised.  Well done, QVC!  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Congratulations on getting what you ordered before Christmas. 

My Canon camera may or may not be delivered today. UPS tracking was showing it out for delivery this morning in San Ramon, CA and I am in CO. Right after I contacted QVC customer service to report it, the tracking was updated to show out for delivery here in my city. This is an automated system and tracking comes from the actual scan locations so I do not know how that could update in such a dramatic fashion so quickly. I will find out eventually but I will not pay for an item I do not receive.

Super Contributor

I ordered two last minute gifts, one on 12/19 one on 12/20. You guessed it, neither arrived. I plan to call them on Saturday and ask for my shipping to be refunded.

If they want it to arrive by Christmas, they should send it UPS, not the post office.

Honored Contributor

I really, really feel that you should not  have to ASK for s&h . All this should be refunded including the price of product.  A guarantee is a guarantee. None of that nonsense about weather,etc. And if you work for the Q and are going to defend them please don' tdo it here. 

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Super Contributor

People have been blowing up their Facebook page about not receiving their items as promised.

If they can't deliver (which clearly they cannot) then they need to stop with the phony last minute "It will be under the tree" bit.  Every single host said this repeatedly over the last 7 days.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mineralgirl1 wrote:

I ordered two last minute gifts, one on 12/19 one on 12/20. You guessed it, neither arrived. I plan to call them on Saturday and ask for my shipping to be refunded.

If they want it to arrive by Christmas, they should send it UPS, not the post office.

Of the three gifts I received (before Christmas), the one that got here the fastest was the one sent Priority USPS; the two sent UPS got here later - so I guess it's just the luck of the draw.

I do think you're entitled to your S&H being refunded though (if you want to return them) or some amount of compensation (if you choose to keep them).