Respected Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@debic wrote:

LOL, I thought the drone would show up since I ordered it the end of Nov.   According to tracking it hasn't shipped yet. 

The only thing about this is my husband wanted to go to Cabelas and buy one.   I may end up with 2.   Funniest part is it's the same one I ordered.

As I said in another thread I-80 was closed for 3 days and it's a main interstate.  Pretty sure that put a crimp in things.  

The second I started reading the first sentence, I was sure you were going to say the drone would deliver itself to your door!

LOL, it should.   I have 3 orders and the last thing I ordered has shipped.  Not the drone.   Big storm warning as well.   

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

Re: What if it doesn't arrive before 12/25?

I haven't bought any Christmas presents from QVC. However, Friday, I ordered the epilator TSV for myself and it's out for delivery today.

I also remember the story from a year or two ago when the person said QVC ruined their kid's Christmas. There was no sympathy from me either. If you wait until the last minute, then you have to realize that stuff happens.....weather, package mishandling, arriving damaged, etc.
Respected Contributor

Well today is the last day to order to get it before Christmas, better hurry!

lol

~~
Honored Contributor

It's the same one-sided guarantee it's always been.  You will get it by christmas or - nothing.   Nothing on the other end of that guarantee.  You will either get it by then or you won't.  

Not trying to sound like a snark bird, but those be the facts!  Smiley Happy

I guess it's been a little bit of a sore spot with me.  Don't call it a 'guarantee' because a guarantee is two-sided.   'This will happen or we will make it good in this way'.  

BUT, I do have to say that with food items they DO make good on the other end.   Or, at least, they used to.  Many years ago we were going to friends' house for dinner on christmas.  I had ordered ahead a Junior's cheesecake that was supposed to arrive by the 24th.   It WAS ordered in adequate time.   It did not arrive. I had to scramble that day, when I realized it was not getting here, to go to the store and buy ingredients to make a dessert. Probably should have done that in the first place, to be honest, but I knew they would enjoy this item.  Anyway, QVC did make good.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What if it doesn't arrive before 12/25?

They shouldn't guarantee anything especially the last week before Christmas as things happen in shipping and with the weather. I don't order from anywhere this close to Christmas unless it is for me.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

It's the same one-sided guarantee it's always been.  You will get it by christmas or - nothing.   Nothing on the other end of that guarantee.  You will either get it by then or you won't.  

Not trying to sound like a snark bird, but those be the facts!  Smiley Happy

I guess it's been a little bit of a sore spot with me.  Don't call it a 'guarantee' because a guarantee is two-sided.   'This will happen or we will make it good in this way'.  

BUT, I do have to say that with food items they DO make good on the other end.   Or, at least, they used to.  Many years ago we were going to friends' house for dinner on christmas.  I had ordered ahead a Junior's cheesecake that was supposed to arrive by the 24th.   It WAS ordered in adequate time.   It did not arrive. I had to scramble that day, when I realized it was not getting here, to go to the store and buy ingredients to make a dessert. Probably should have done that in the first place, to be honest, but I knew they would enjoy this item.  Anyway, QVC did make good.

And anyone who's read here for very long knows not to order last minute gifts.  Now it's jumped to $3 extra for guarenteed arrival time.  

~~
Honored Contributor

Hi Deb!  Oh, I'm with you.  I definitely would not order something like that at the last minute.  I don't do christmas shopping anyway but, if I did, I'd know not to listen to the 'guarantees' at this point.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Hi Deb!  Oh, I'm with you.  I definitely would not order something like that at the last minute.  I don't do christmas shopping anyway but, if I did, I'd know not to listen to the 'guarantees' at this point.  Smiley Happy

We don't do gifts as a rule either.   Hubby's been looking at those drones and Q had a good price with 3 batteries.   Considering they only last 5 minutes it's a necessity. Mostly I just buy here for myself.  

~~
Trusted Contributor

it's Monday afternoon and they're still promising guaranteed delivery by Christmas. someone should tell them to stop saying that. there are going to be soooo many disappointed customers. I hope people know better than to believe. 

i bought something over a week ago which was supposed to be 2-3 days delivery, and it's not here. tracking shows its stuck where it came from. 

Respected Contributor

LOL, well 3 out of 4 has shipped....miracles may happen.LOL

~~