Esteemed Contributor

Re: What if it doesn't arrive before 12/25?

I remember that thread. The drama was so over the top. I was one of the posters whom she did not receive a drop of sympathy from.

Honored Contributor

It wouldn't be that big of a deal of me if something didn't arrive on time, but I do try to place my Christmas orders early in December.
Respected Contributor

I got a couple of things that weren't for Christmas last week and wondered why they didn't offer a price drop in shipping for people who didn't need their stuff right away.  I would have gone for that just so that people who are waiting for gifts could get them on time.  Maybe their systems don't allow this, but it might be a way to guard against the kind of disasters they had last year.

Honored Contributor

Well, you know, the Wise Men didn't show up with their gifts until January 6.  And they started the whole gift-giving tradition.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

LOL, I thought the drone would show up since I ordered it the end of Nov.   According to tracking it hasn't shipped yet. 

The only thing about this is my husband wanted to go to Cabelas and buy one.   I may end up with 2.   Funniest part is it's the same one I ordered.

As I said in another thread I-80 was closed for 3 days and it's a main interstate.  Pretty sure that put a crimp in things.  

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I thought I heard a blurb on the news about UPS and USPS saying they were slammed with the increase of on-line shopping this year and not to believe what the stores are saying about on-time deliveries.  I certainly would not order anything on-line in December that was crucial to have for Christmas.  I noticed UPS and USPS both delivering in my neighborhood today (Sunday).  

Honored Contributor

Honestly the hosts, etc. of Q can say "guarantee by Christmas" but the reality of that statement is the item LEAVES their warehouse and sent to shipper.

It's normally the UPS, USPS, Lasership (?), whomever is responsible to handle the package from the point after it has left Q warehouses.  

Therefore, I think they should clarify that statement and no one will be upset when those so called "guarantee" packages don't arrive.

And thinking about it -- does any package arrive under normal circumstances (unless you live next door to Q)  within a 2-3 day period? Years ago maybe but not now unless they have the AMAZON PRIME DELIVERY service! 

Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@debic wrote:

LOL, I thought the drone would show up since I ordered it the end of Nov.   According to tracking it hasn't shipped yet. 

The only thing about this is my husband wanted to go to Cabelas and buy one.   I may end up with 2.   Funniest part is it's the same one I ordered.

As I said in another thread I-80 was closed for 3 days and it's a main interstate.  Pretty sure that put a crimp in things.  

The second I started reading the first sentence, I was sure you were going to say the drone would deliver itself to your door!

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

Why would you count on getting something that you order online from any retailer at this late date?

My husband was thinking of ordering the Frost Guard windshield cover yesterday from QVC and sending it to a relative in the U.S. but I told him that the chances of it arriving before Christmas wasn't good no matter what the guarantee was.

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@millieshops - your post made me think of the person a few years ago who wrote a long, enraged rant about QVC spoiling her little girl's entire Christmas because she didn't get the present she (the mom) waited until a few days before Christmas to order.

I think she wanted huge compensation for the distress and trauma to both her and her child.  Saying how do you explain to a crying child that she had nothing for Christmas because QVC didn't honor their promise to deliver in time?  

She didn't get a whole lot of sympathy on these boards!  If it's that important, who would wait until the last minute and then order online?  Go out and buy something or order in sufficient time to make sure your child's Christmas isn't "ruined".  (Anyone remember the real meaning of Christmas?)

I remember that poster well.  I don't think she has been back after the scathing reception she got.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment