Honored Contributor

Re: What if it doesn't arrive before 12/25?

[ Edited ]

If you choose to order something after 12/17 and it doesn't arrive before Christmas, you should have a backup plan.  Why would anyone believe any retailer's promises this late in the game?  It's not a problem for me, I just print a copy of the gift that is in transit, wrap it up in big beautiful box and the recipient know that it will be delivered in a couple of days.  Christmas doesn't end until Jan 6th anyway.  It's a little trickier with little ones.  So.....It's best not to wait till the last minute.  As for the extra shipping charge, Q probably refunds that but it's just a few bucks.  Chump change....that won't do much to remedy a the situation.

Honored Contributor

I think the squeaky wheel gets a refund and everyone else gets a late package.

Esteemed Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@millieshops - your post made me think of the person a few years ago who wrote a long, enraged rant about QVC spoiling her little girl's entire Christmas because she didn't get the present she (the mom) waited until a few days before Christmas to order.

I think she wanted huge compensation for the distress and trauma to both her and her child.  Saying how do you explain to a crying child that she had nothing for Christmas because QVC didn't honor their promise to deliver in time?  

She didn't get a whole lot of sympathy on these boards!  If it's that important, who would wait until the last minute and then order online?  Go out and buy something or order in sufficient time to make sure your child's Christmas isn't "ruined".  (Anyone remember the real meaning of Christmas?)

I remember that thread!!!!

Most of the people thought that it was a troll who was full of it.

Honored Contributor

Ptaz wrote:

Last year I had 1 item that didn't arrive and they refunded my shipping.

i also had one item last year that did not arrive in time. they refunded my shipping and handling and i printed out a photo of what was expected and wrapped it in a box.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Every year there's a litany of posts from folks whose Christmas was 'ruined' because QVC and the delivery entities failed to live up to their guarantee. I supsect they'll do nothing... It goes with the turf of ordering later than is probably rational and assuming against all odds that the items ordered will make it by Christmas. They might arrive, OP, but it's good you're not counting on it.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

One year I had ordered something and paid for 2 day shipping 9 days before Christmas when they were still saying regular shipping would get there.  It wasn't devastating that I didn't get the item but they did refund the shipping since I did pay the extra for 2 day and it didn't come until after Christmas. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@millieshops - your post made me think of the person a few years ago who wrote a long, enraged rant about QVC spoiling her little girl's entire Christmas because she didn't get the present she (the mom) waited until a few days before Christmas to order.

I think she wanted huge compensation for the distress and trauma to both her and her child.  Saying how do you explain to a crying child that she had nothing for Christmas because QVC didn't honor their promise to deliver in time?  

She didn't get a whole lot of sympathy on these boards!  If it's that important, who would wait until the last minute and then order online?  Go out and buy something or order in sufficient time to make sure your child's Christmas isn't "ruined".  (Anyone remember the real meaning of Christmas?)

I remember that thread...she sure wasn't getting any sympathy on these boards...I felt then ...like i would feel now....go out a shop in the malls...or shop earlier online...

Honored Contributor

@IwantcoffeeOf course that's why they make the guarantee, and for the vast majority of orders, everything arrives on time - everything.

I just have no patience with people who think their Christmas is ruined if a gift does not arrive.  It convinces me that all the talk about the overcommercialization is just that-   talk.  It's about the gifts  and the food for a huge percentage of shoppers.  That's fine with me, but I dislike the hypocritical claims that it's all about the "real" meaning and then I see the few whose packages don't arrives making outrageous claims of a ruined holiday. 

Honored Contributor

Did they say which Christmas? Might be 2016.

Super Contributor

I've learned from past experience NOT to order anything I need for Christmas after Dec. 5...my rule and it's saved me from being disappointed numerous times.