Esteemed Contributor

What if it doesn't arrive before 12/25?

I ordered another set of the 4 Luminara candles last night. While I HOPE they arrive before Christmas....it isn't going to be a big deal if they don't. I got them for my daughter and she knows they are coming.

Wondered what Qvc will do if they don't arrive since it is GUARANTEED to....... and I paid 7.00 for regular shipping(which is more than I did for the first set).

Trusted Contributor

Re: What if it doesn't arrive before 12/25?

I'm not sure they do anything.  I've seen people post about not getting items in time, over the years, but I've never heard they were compensated.  You could always call Customer Service and ask.

I do know that Amazon has a list of small compensations for Prime items that do not arrive in the two day time frame.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I was wondering myself about that. Talked to two people from CS and all I got was um,um well maybe your s and h will be refunded. I doubt if they will do anything.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't think they'll do anything for items that don't arrive before Christmas.  I've ordered things in the past when that "guarantee" was in place (and allowed more time than they specified), but the items didn't get here until well after Christmas.  One thing arrived more than a week later.

It didn't really bother me, as the items were for me or the house.  Given that it's the busiest shipping time of the year, I don't rely on any "guarantee" of delivery.  Presents for everyone are bought well in advance!

I've ordered a couple of things this time, including the TSV Canon camera, but won't be heartbroken, if it arrives late.  (I'd rather the men and women who have to deliver the packages drive safely and not risk themselves or others to get it here at breakneck speed.)

Merry Christmas to everyone!  Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I don't think they do anything and yes, I think there will be a tiny percentage of late deliveries.  I absolutely do not believe there are millions of packages from QVC that do not arrive on time.  If that were true, instead of a few dramatic people whose whole holiday is ruined because they waited until the last minute to order, there would be hundreds of complaints.

I have been reading these boards for about 10 years now and I haven't seen many complaints.  Just loud crying -  even though QVC started offering Christmas in July.

Someone said Amazon gives Prime members some compensation if their packages are late -  I seem to be remember being offered $1 -  but I had to use it to buy something else and since I buy very infrequently, that's jusr no big deal in my mind.

Honored Contributor

Didn't Al Bundy convince the kids that Christmas was the 26th so he could scavenge somebody's discarded tree?

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Regular Contributor

Last year I had 1 item that didn't arrive and they refunded my shipping.

Respected Contributor

I'll be more surprised if they do show up on time.  I've got a couple things I ordered I'd like on time tho.   So far nothing's even shipped.   And we're having another snow storm, the interstate just opened up from being closed 3 days.   LOL

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

@millieshops - your post made me think of the person a few years ago who wrote a long, enraged rant about QVC spoiling her little girl's entire Christmas because she didn't get the present she (the mom) waited until a few days before Christmas to order.

I think she wanted huge compensation for the distress and trauma to both her and her child.  Saying how do you explain to a crying child that she had nothing for Christmas because QVC didn't honor their promise to deliver in time?  

She didn't get a whole lot of sympathy on these boards!  If it's that important, who would wait until the last minute and then order online?  Go out and buy something or order in sufficient time to make sure your child's Christmas isn't "ruined".  (Anyone remember the real meaning of Christmas?)

Respected Contributor

I would request a refund of shipping cost. Last year I ordered a gift from another online retailer with promised delivery before Christmas and received after. I requested a refund of shipping cost and was initially denied and granted on second request. I asked politely. I think it was close to $18.00 for shipping both ways.

I ordered one gift before Thanksgivng this year. I am done buying gifts so close to the holiday online. Late delivery has happened to many times.

I think these promises are made as an incentive for people to order.