Occasional Contributor

What has happened to Northern Nights Sheets?

I have purchased many a set of Northern Nights sheets over the years for my king size bed. I ONLY buy when there are extra pillow cases or the Q offers extra cases to purchase separately (doesn't happen very often). No matter how many times I have mentioned this to customer service the powers that be just don't get that a lot of people use more than two pillows on their bed. Now I am reading very bad reviews from customers who are dissatisfied with the quality of their current NN purchase. Some say they are scratchy, others that they are too short and some that say the seams on the sheets are unraveling. WHAT HAPPENED? Northern Nights was the "best" for so long. The Q must be purchasing from a cheaper vendor. What is your experience with this?

Re: What has happened to Northern Nights Sheets?

YOU COULD ALWAYS COUNT ON NORTHERN NIGHTS SHEET SETS. I ALWAYS BOUGHT AS TSV......OR ALWAYS AT A GOOD PRICE.....NOW ALL I READ IS NEGATIVE REVIEWS. IF I PULL UP NN SHEET SETS.....CAN'T FIND 100% COTTON. ALWAYS MIXED WITH SOMETHING. ALSO, VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH SELECTION AND PRICE. REALLY WONDER WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM ......ITS A REAL SHAME...NOW WITH COVID I HAVE GO  OUT AND TAKE A CHANCE ON NO NAME SHEETS. VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@nanainatl I, too, only buy when I can get extra pillowcases.  The last set of sheets i bought were NN Wrinkle Defense sheets.  I have had them a couple of years and so far so good.  It would be a shame if they are now cutting corners, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Respected Contributor

I used to buy Northern night sheets,but last set wrinkled so bad after taken out of dryer.i refuse to iron sheets.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@nanainatl  The quality went south when Northern Nights  started manufacturing their products in China.The last set that I purchased from them, about 10 years ago, was very disappointing. The corners on the fitted sheet shredded after a few washings; the top sheet and pillowcases would never lie flat. I iron my cotton sheets so this shouldn't have happened. The fabric itself felt thinner and of poorer quality cotton than the sheets I bought from them in the early 2000s. I haven't bought anything from Northern Nights since. Like many lines on the Q, like Quacker Factory, Louis, Bob Mackie, Dennis Basso and others who are no longer carried, vendors were forced to cheapen their products to fit the Q's pricing guidlines.

Valued Contributor

I ask this question also.  NN wrinkle defense sheets is all I have used for 20 years and now I need to replace a couple sets and where are they?  QVC, in my opinion, like with almost everything else they do including designers, discontinues what had been so profitable for probably cheaper junk.  They don't understand the old addage "of it is not broken don't fix it".  True they want to broaden what they sell but don't forget what got them there!  BRING BACK WD NORTHERN NIGHTS SHEETS!

Respected Contributor

Northern Nights used to have some nice flannel sheets.   I wish they'd bring them back.  Much prefer the cotton flannel over the polar fleece ones. 

QVC Customer Care

Super Contributor

@nanainatl wrote:

I have purchased many a set of Northern Nights sheets over the years for my king size bed. I ONLY buy when there are extra pillow cases or the Q offers extra cases to purchase separately (doesn't happen very often). No matter how many times I have mentioned this to customer service the powers that be just don't get that a lot of people use more than two pillows on their bed. Now I am reading very bad reviews from customers who are dissatisfied with the quality of their current NN purchase. Some say they are scratchy, others that they are too short and some that say the seams on the sheets are unraveling. WHAT HAPPENED? Northern Nights was the "best" for so long. The Q must be purchasing from a cheaper vendor. What is your experience with this?

This is a 10 year old thread. I had no idea they kept threads/posts that long.

Honored Contributor

@Diamonds22 wrote:

@nanainatl wrote:

This is a 10 year old thread. I had no idea they kept threads/posts that long.

@Diamonds22 I didn't realize that when I commented.  So, my experience with NN sheets is long past when the OP posted and the last set I bought was just fine.  Hopefully, they will continue offering them in a good quality. 

Yes, they keep threads forever, or back to when they changed over to this format, but if the Mods catch it, they will shut it down.  For some reason the trolls like to resurrect old thread.