Honored Contributor

Re: What has happen to QVC Fashion

@On It wrote:

They have gotten too caught up in specific trends to the exclusion of other styles and choices.

@On It 

👍 ITA!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Fortunately we have quite a few places to shop.  Pick what you like here, shop elsewhere too.  No doubt most everyone does that.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Until the last few years I never purchased clothing here.  I'm a boomer who never found conservative styles like Denim & Co and  Quacker Factory appealing.  There only was conservative clothing.  I like that there are more options now to choose from.  I found there are still many conservative styles as well for those who want them.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt   @On It

So what sorts of things do you see in stores that are unique and different? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I miss natural fabrics, getting harder to find, rarely see them here.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Spurt   @On It

So what sorts of things do you see in stores that are unique and different? 

@Kachina624 

I see different styles and fabrics for every taste from different manufacturers when I shop at Dillards and Macy's online and in person and different price ranges too (take tops for example---from classics, to more feminine, to sporty, to more dressy, tank tops, off shoulder etc etc, and there's a variety of prints too) ...Why even Walmart and Target have a variety ....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt   I see a big variety at QVC too in both fabrics and some beautiful prints.  I got a Logo print top recently that is one of the prettiest I've ever seen.  I've got some gorgeous SG printed tops.  I love prints.  They also seem to be introducing new fabric blends including linen blends which some people go nuts over (not me). 

Just wondered if the stores have something different since I can no longer browse stores. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Spurt   I see a big variety at QVC too in both fabrics and some beautiful prints.  I got a Logo print top recently that is one of the prettiest I've ever seen.  I've got some gorgeous SG printed tops.  I love prints.  They also seem to be introducing new fabric blends including linen blends which some people go nuts over (not me). 

Just wondered if the stores have something different since I can no longer browse stores. 

@Kachina624 

Enjoy your purchases...

I havent been browsing in-store as much as shopping online lately, but whether Im in the actual store, or even just browsing websites from retail stores you can see a good variety from the different brands....

QVC used to offer more designers and more styles. But now with QVC its hard to tell Anybody from Cuddle Duds and Peace,Love,World, and from NYDJ from Barefoot Dreams to Laurie  Felt....even some of Isaacs stuff mimics SG and Belle, and D&C and Joan Rivers do the classic "buttoned down shirts"....and D&C's dresses look much like those from Women With Control and Cuddl Duds....And even SG has taken a page from Quacker Factory on occasion...And a lot of what they are showing in all brands are the high/low hems which I HATE...even their Life Is Good t-shirts have high/low hems so I buy directly from their website instead of QVC......  

I used to buy a lot from QVC (D&C, Isaac, the now discontinued Linea, and others, but the styles, inconsistent sizing and Q's pricing have made my QVC clothing purchases rare...when I buy online from Dillards/Macys the sizing is always PERFECT!....and their sales are real sales not just $3 or $4 off....

Everyone's taste is individual and to each their own style ....so whatever floats your boat, but QVC's apparel sales have been struggling with some brands and I think whats expressed on the Forums are some of the valid reasons why..

Respected Contributor

I think the quality is lacking. I buy basics, rarely buy something that's supposedly "in style" currently. I have lots of Denim & Co tees from years back that I still wear. The quality is just much better, fabrics seem to be stronger and don't stretch out of shape after laundering. I wash in cold water and air dry all my clothes. The fabrics with heavy polyester content always pill on my clothes, most lasting only for a season. I buy mostly from Macy's, Lands End, Talbots. They seem to have substantial fabrics heavy in cotton and launder well.

Valued Contributor

@On It wrote:

They have gotten too caught up in specific trends to the exclusion of other styles and choices.

I completely agree. I'm not into anyone's idea of 'fashion forward' or am I stuck in the past. I know what I'm comfortable in and look for those things, and sadly, they are dwindling on the Q...and I don't have to change for the times either.