Frequent Contributor

What has happen to QVC Fashion

I remember the days when I would order a lot of clothes from QVC. I loved the colors, fabric,style of the fashions and the prices were reasonable.

Now to me the fashions are not what they were, the fabic is horible, and the prices are crazy. 

Would like to know if others are on the same page

Respected Contributor

Re: What has happen to QVC Fashion

[ Edited ]

They have gotten too caught up in specific trends to the exclusion of other styles and choices.

Esteemed Contributor

I have been unhappy with my last few clothing purchases and probably should have sent them back....

I have been shopping my closet this summer..

Trusted Contributor

I agree, if you don't like denim and co, or logo, not many choices. I used to love isaac, but most of his stuff now is floral, or stripe, or short sleeves. I do not watch much anymore, i find better info and measurments online, and don't have to deal with the host nonsense. 

Honored Contributor

@Fionna    I agree the quality of the fabric has deteriorated, probably in an attempt to keep prices in line.  I don't see where the Q prices have increased disproportionate to what's going on with other retailers, in fact they're a lot less than many of similar quality and design.  The price of nothing has gone down. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

I totally agree! - I'm soooo tired of the skin-tight, cropped pants and jeans that almost all of the designers are pushing on us.

They really need to take a poll or a survey, and I'm willing to bet they will find that their "Average" shopper is a "Boomer" who is not trying to look like a "Millennial" - But still wants to look put together, modest, and stylish.

Esteemed Contributor

There are some clothing lines that I like and some styles that I like and I will keep looking for those items.  But I am not going to try any new designers - too much ri$k for me.  I have plenty of clothes and will likely not buy much more this year.  I was really disappointed in the summer clothes - not enough skorts or dresses to choose from.  And what they did have, they did not have enough inventory and I got shut out of several styles.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

QVC used to have "unique" items like Quaker Factory in the beginning with the button covers.  Now D&C, QF, SG, IM etc. all tend to look alike.

And while I agree with the poster who acknowledges prices have gone up everywhere, at least many other vendors have true sales and better s/h prices.  There are very few QVC items that cannot be found elsewhere at better prices and better s/h.

Super Contributor

Life does not stand still in time.  It moves on, so does fashion.  I don't want to wear what I wore years ago.  With the economy the way it is now and materials so hard to get, shipping difficulties, well ... you get it.  You have to learn to change with the times.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Fionna wrote:

I remember the days when I would order a lot of clothes from QVC. I loved the colors, fabric,style of the fashions and the prices were reasonable.

Now to me the fashions are not what they were, the fabic is horible, and the prices are crazy. 

Would like to know if others are on the same page

@Fionna 

I agree, QVC's clothing lines all look bascially the same!  And for some lines, the quality has declined....and for the most part the prices are not competitive (they keep comparing their prices to Boutiques, but most viewers, dont shop at Boutiques, their stores of choice are Department or Discount stores at much lower prices---even Dillards and Macy's carry brands that are priced lower than QVC's )

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”