Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: What happens to all the returned items?

@jlkz wrote:

@Susan Louise 

And, if you go to the Outlet during July, you get even more of a discount for Customer Appreciation Month.  Talk about  a boatload saved 😇 !!!

@jlkz  Good for you...and anyone who lives close by! Smiley Happy

I'm in Nebraska...no QVC outlet within 1,500+ miles.

Valued Contributor

They have "as is" or outlets. Also, they sell to liquidators in large lots.

I'm to the point now that if I buy beauty and it comes unsealed, looking partially full...back it goes. There is 1 vendor notorious for this and she is ubiquitous on the Q. I just got an auto delivery the other day unsealed and partially full...back it went.

Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise 

Do you have any contacts of friends near one that you can ask to do you a big favor ????

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jlkz wrote:

@Susan Louise 

Do you have any contacts of friends near one that you can ask to do you a big favor ????

@jlkz   No...but that's ok. Even if I did they would have to ship it to me and it would cost them or me anyway...LOL...so the savings wouldn't be that good in the end. As a matter of fact, it might just cost more.

For example, it certainly would cost more than the $3.50 or $5.50 on many QVC products. It's cheaper to actually send them by way of QVC.

Yes, I can put say 4 shirts in a box, but in the end it would still cost about the same.

It really only benefits those that live nearby Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Many many years ago my friend & I used to love to go to the "live audience ITKWD" shows, the weekend tour and close to the studio was a QVC outlet.  Loved that store!  

Now, I live 10 min away from a HSN outlet -- that store is packed to the rafters with returns.  You can tell by the returned retaped boxes 😮 & the stuff is no better priced than on tv.  Of course, tons of Wolfgang, Joy & Iman, Samantha Brown, etc. after certain dates it keeps getting cheaper.

One section of the store is overloaded with clothing and as seen on TV stuff.  I was under the impression the prices were better but not really.

Too bad no Curtis Stone stuff I'd be there in a minute!

Honored Contributor

Why send someone the "letter" about excessive returns when QVC is making millions on return fees!  I exchanged a pair of D&C pants and the rise is too short even going up a size.

Let's see:  $3.50 orig s/h + 6.95 return fee= $10.45 charged me just to try on a pair of pants.  (Not including the $4+ tax FL charges on clothing/s/h - I think that is returned on clothing only).  It literally cost me $$$ to try on a item.

Multiply this by thousands of returns from customers this is a nice chunk of change for QVC & frankly, the cost of postage is on the rise -- cheaper to use the prepaid label.

Lately, taking all this into consideration (and adding up wasted $$$ I've spent in  return fees) -- I've stopped buying from Q and other online retailers.  no more clothing, shoes or anything I can find in a traditional stores.  

In fact, I've weighed out return fees based on total price vs. donating/keeping & then decision is easy -- donate on some items!