Frequent Contributor

What happens to all the returned items?

I've shopped on QVC for many years, and I've always wondered what happens to the returned items. Do they have some kind of outlet store where people can buy some of it? Does it get recycled? And does the Q deal with it or does it go back to the vendor? Just curious.

Honored Contributor

Re: What happens to all the returned items?

Many of the returns are sent to customers on wait lists.  I've gotten many clothing items that would have otherwise been unavailable this way.  Without exception they have been in pristine condition.  Other such items are sold "as is" or arecshipped to the outlet stores.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

They do have outlet stores and do send your return to a customer ordering that item. I'm sure they price things so they don't take a loss, ex., makeup that has been used and returned and must be thrown away. (hopefully)

Honored Contributor

@joanluvz wrote:

I've shopped on QVC for many years, and I've always wondered what happens to the returned items. Do they have some kind of outlet store where people can buy some of it? Does it get recycled? And does the Q deal with it or does it go back to the vendor? Just curious.

QVC has 'as is'...

I have bought many items 'as is' and saved a boatload. The majority also were never even opened by previous purchaser either...probably buyer's remorse or they just changed their mind after they received it.

I have been very fortunate.

For products returned that are bad I'm sure they either trash or send to charity if they can't sell it.

Respected Contributor

Hello MommaJ,

If an item is returned in pristine condition, it is probalby just sent out again to the next person who ordered it.

As you know, QVC has a very large online "as is " section for items not in original condition.

Finally, there are also two outlets stores, one in Lancaster and one outside of Philadelphia. You can find all the special sale information online at a QVC outlet link. I shop there regularly and get GREAT prices!

I think some items such as special jewelry pieces may be returned to the original vendor, but most clothes, purses and home decorations are quickly passed through for sale.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I just sent back two huge boxes full of clothes that were mostly too small or I didn't like.

I've taken a note (what would you call it)....give me a minute....OK, I've decided to copy QVC the way they put so many things in one box they send me.

I should have counted all of the (mostly) tops I sent back but didn't think of it until I taped them to death.  I mean they were full and very heavy (had to use my hand cart.

Often I'll buy 2 or even 3 of the the same item, different colors.  If I do that, I only open one of them and if it doesn't fit, I don't mess up (packaging) of the other items.  I usually return items within 1 to 2 weeks, sometimes within a day or two.

I always put them back in the plastic containers.  That is upsetting because I see how EVERYTHING I get comes from China....good grief!  It's unbelievable...China.  I think maybe in a year I've received 10 (if that) pieces of clothing that came from another country.  Nothing from the USA, not one thing.

I know Susan Graver will every now and then say, "This was made in this country".  I guess I've never bought whatever the item is...because I haven't seen anything made in the USA.

If I buy a Dooney purse, I leave everything inside of it (warranty, etc).  I put it back in the box with plastic and everything.  I try to be respectful of whomever receives it and QVC.  

QVC has always been good to me as far as support (mattress, etc), so maybe that's why I try to be respectful of what I send back.

Just the other day my daughter called and said she'd not received the 3 T-Shirts Isaac was selling she wanted me to buy for her.  I called QVC and without hesitation, they sent her 3 more.  Well, maybe 5 days later the OTHER 3 shirts showed up (she has a terrible time getting mail in Denver...Ha).  So I called back QVC and told them to charge my bill for 3 MORE T-shirts.  They did so that worked out.  My point?  Well, they immediately believed me and sent the new ones.

I figured they'd re-sell the clothes.  That's why I try to send them back as quickly and neatly as possible.  It just makes sense.

Honored Contributor

@joanluvz   Are you talking clothes....or everything?

I would hope that cosmetics and broken goods returned would be thrown away.....but from posts about customers receiving USED opened cosmetics.....I really doubt that is the case👎

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I just sent back two huge boxes full of clothes that were mostly too small or I didn't like.

I've taken a note (what would you call it)....give me a minute....OK, I've decided to copy QVC the way they put so many things in one box they send me.

I should have counted all of the (mostly) tops I sent back but didn't think of it until I taped them to death.  I mean they were full and very heavy (had to use my hand cart.

Often I'll buy 2 or even 3 of the the same item, different colors.  If I do that, I only open one of them and if it doesn't fit, I don't mess up (packaging) of the other items.  I usually return items within 1 to 2 weeks, sometimes within a day or two.

I always put them back in the plastic containers.  That is upsetting because I see how EVERYTHING I get comes from China....good grief!  It's unbelievable...China.  I think maybe in a year I've received 10 (if that) pieces of clothing that came from another country.  Nothing from the USA, not one thing.

I know Susan Graver will every now and then say, "This was made in this country".  I guess I've never bought whatever the item is...because I haven't seen anything made in the USA.

If I buy a Dooney purse, I leave everything inside of it (warranty, etc).  I put it back in the box with plastic and everything.  I try to be respectful of whomever receives it and QVC.  

QVC has always been good to me as far as support (mattress, etc), so maybe that's why I try to be respectful of what I send back.

Just the other day my daughter called and said she'd not received the 3 T-Shirts Isaac was selling she wanted me to buy for her.  I called QVC and without hesitation, they sent her 3 more.  Well, maybe 5 days later the OTHER 3 shirts showed up (she has a terrible time getting mail in Denver...Ha).  So I called back QVC and told them to charge my bill for 3 MORE T-shirts.  They did so that worked out.  My point?  Well, they immediately believed me and sent the new ones.

I figured they'd re-sell the clothes.  That's why I try to send them back as quickly and neatly as possible.  It just makes sense.

@Annabellethecat66  ...... I am surprised QVC never sent you the “LETTER” for sending so much stuff back???

Honored Contributor

@January121  That's because I buy so much and so many things I DO keep.  

If you knew me you'd know there are two things I never do.  One is lie and the other is exaggerate.  Sometimes I try to get so precise when describing a number I drive myself and the person listening crazy.  It's not something I'm especially proud of because in my mind it almost seems like I'm (wait for it) lying.  Ha!

Most of the clothes I buy are Denim & Co, Isaac, some Louis but I don't care for Lori's and some other's (due to my XL-lX size just don't look good on me.

So, when you see Denim & Co or Isaac all day, well, that's my Achilles heel.  

I have 10 Blink outdoor cameras set up and bla bla you have no idea.  THAT is why I don't get 'the letter'.  I end up keeping stuff too.  I also give away a lot of stuff to friends and daughters....

You probably didn't see a post here earlier today.  I bought for my daughter in Denver 3 Isaac T-Shirts she wanted.  She said she didn't receive them.  Then a few days later she finally got them (that made 6 T-Shirts) so I called QVC and they charged me for 3 more T-Shirts (again).  So, you see that would counter (alone) 6 pieces of clothing I just sent back.  It was way more than 6 but you get the idea.

Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise 

And, if you go to the Outlet during July, you get even more of a discount for Customer Appreciation Month.  Talk about  a boatload saved 😇 !!!

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill