Frequent Contributor

What happened to the QVC Book Club?

I have to say I'm somewhat disappointed in the QVC Book Club.  Thought there would more "special" offerings of books and more one on one discussions with the hosts and authors.

Honored Contributor

Re: What happened to the QVC Book Club?

@Southern Classy    I'm not involved but did I read something about it going to QVC's Facebook pages? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

There is still "Book Club" listed under Forums.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I left it last summer (maybe even earlier). Have had far more interaction with others on Good Reads.

In all honesty, my reviews are better (and lengthier) because other readers are interested in what I'm reading. They comment and ask questions! Seldom would discussions occur on if the QVC's site. It makes a difference  when others are reading books with depth and writing reviews with substance. And I enjoy their opinions or suggestions on future books to read. It's a great site of like-minded well-read diverse reader, rather than the novel only reader. 

Only problem with Good Reads? Too many males searching for females like it's a dating site. LOL Didn't expect that! Constantly deleting those people after comparing their books read with mine . . . they have read very few book! NOT INTERESTED in having them as a "book friend". It's too creepy!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

the book club is still active on facebook.

the new book is THE ATTIC ON QUEEN STREET by Karen White. it is available on qvc if you wish to buy it here.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Well said, @BirkiLady 

I like the idea of reading a book you like, sharing insight into it, instead of everyone in whatever club it happens to be reading the same book.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

@GingerPeach  Who has time for that? LOL  My life is too busy!

Money screams; wealth whispers.