Esteemed Contributor

Re: What happened to QUALITY in QVC?

I could never understand wearing a thin sweater in the hot days of summer. So it's made thin to be "cooler", but you have to wear a cami under it to be modest.

Something doesn't make sense to me. JMO

Honored Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

I could never understand wearing a thin sweater in the hot days of summer. So it's made thin to be "cooler", but you have to wear a cami under it to be modest.

@Patriot3  It depends on the sweater.  The mocha colored Peace Love World one that I posted is very loosely crocheted, lightweight knit.  I have a similar colored bra and don't need to wear a tank top underneath at all.

I also have it in white, and I wear my very thin white cami underneath.  

Neither one of them will I wear in the midday hot summer afternoons outdoors.  They're still wonderful for later or at events indoors.  I'm not walking the dog in these.

Respected Contributor

Quality left the building years ago.

Honored Contributor

I can't wear anything close to a sweater in the summer!!   That's just me though, but I agree with @ellaphant that it was too see through.  I was watching the show in the afternoon too and didn't care for anything at all that was presented.  I do understand these open knit sweaters are "in" this season as I've seen them presented on HSN as well and others.    IMO, you are defeating the purpose if you need an additional layer in the hot weather.  

Honored Contributor

The fit on two of the models leaves something to be desired.

Respected Contributor

Sadly it is not just QVC... try finding a nice quality piece of clothing anywhere these days.  It is not easy.  One thing that looks awful IMO is when you can see through a top or bottom. In the summer, who wants to wear a cami under a top?  Not me.

Valued Contributor

Makes as much sense as a sleeveless turtleneck.

Respected Contributor

If I’m wearing something like this, I’ll be someplace air conditioned, most likely to the same temperature as the morgue. In that case, wearing a cami is no big deal. Furthermore, it’s currently 62 degrees in central Ohio. I need a sweater today.
Honored Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

@Patriot3 

I am always freezing so for me, it works!  I have Thyroid issues and need something more than just a tank.

To me, a cami is instead of a bra since mine have bra shelves.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The reason this top might be so thin might not be due to poor quality. It might be due to its being presented in the summer, when lighter weight garments are popular. A heavy weight crochet would be stifling in heat and humidity.