Occasional Contributor

Re: What do you think of the call-in testimonials?

agree.....time to move on from call ins.  i change the channel!  the callers go on and on and on!!

Frequent Contributor

I think the call-ins should end. For the most part I find them cringe worthy. IMHO, they add to the stigma that only elderly, lonely people shop QVC. If the company is looking to evolve its image for the future, this is not helping.
Frequent Contributor

For the most part, I think they're time fillers. The don't sway me one way or another in my decision making. And yes, some of these individuals have very emotional personal stories they want to convey. I personally don't care for the call-ins. 

Honored Contributor

They make my skin crawl.

Valued Contributor

I hate these calls.  First off, they are low key embarrassing.  Secondly, the callers are usually so full of ****. But the worst are the ones that you never know where it's going.  I remember years and years ago, I was watching one night and Kathy Levine was presenting a ring.  They put a caller on with her and it seemed to be going okay when she said to Kathy that she would never get to wear that ring.  I think Kathy expected the caller to reply that she was gifting it, but she replied that she had just taken a whole bottle of sleeping and was going to *** and hung up. Kathy was visibly upset but handled it like a pro.  I think this triggered me for all future call-ins.  It was very upsetting to me.  I still think about that poor lady to this day whenever I hear someone call in.  

Honored Contributor

I remember a rude caller getting through and asking Lisa Robertson why her eyebrows were so dark and her hair so light?? Lisa handled it beautifully though!

Honored Contributor

A caller just called in to Caroyn's Mrs. Prindables presentation.  She said she started shopping with QVC when she was 25 years old, and she is now 90.  

Hmmmmmm. 

Esteemed Contributor

That's hysterical. 

QVC Math.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do not like testimonial calls.  I thought maybe they were phasing them out the last couple years, maybe due to reduced staff/call screeners because of covid or something, but now it seems they are back and it just slows everything down.  Also there are some very awkward conversations that arise that I definitely do not think are appropriate, usually someone who may be lonely does not realize they are sharing some very personal emotions and stories with tens of thousands of people and yet would not share these feelings with their family or friends.

How much more "connecting" to customers do they need to do? They have IG, FB, these boards, TikTok(I think they said), New live streams, up to three channels of programming in some areas, and the streaming platforms with "exclusive shows" on Roku etc.

Just keep it moving, I do not need a story on how these pants made you feel like a superstar at someone's wedding. 🤔 I just want Facts, not opinions. Opinions are offered in the reviews of the products.

Respected Contributor

Huge waste of airtime! Most are people who just want to gush over the host and be on the air. They are useless and need to go away!