Esteemed Contributor

Re: What do you think of the call-in testimonials?

I wish they would get rid of them

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow, I had no idea there was so much dislike towards testimonials. I think there was a time and place, many years ago when there was no online shopping with reviews. I am indifferent to them, doesn't bother me but I do cringe at times. To @spiderw , over the years I have heard negative calls, few and far between but it does happen. Anyone remember that shocking call to Jeff Hewson many years ago? Wow! That was a surprise.

Honored Contributor

Can do without them.

Honored Contributor

The callers enjoy it but for the viewer it's a total waste of time.  I always mute the tv but I actually haven't seen them do that in quite a while.  

Honored Contributor

I remember a few years ago, one woman called in with the sole purpose to put Kerstin and the Sun Joe vendor on the spot.  She said she wanted to call to tell them that the chainsaw item didn't work at all.  She said even her son tried to get it to work and no luck.

But after the vendor asked some questions about how they put the chain on, he & Kerstin realized the caller and her brilliant son put it on backwards.  It was user error -- by both of them --  not the fault of the product.  The caller was quiet after that, end of call. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Desertdi wrote:

The callers are interviewed before air time, by a show producer.   You KNOW they are not going to say anything derogatory

@Desertdi @spiderw 

You can do a you tube search of QVC "crank calls" and hear what a few callers said ....

One with Rick was a show late and night and hilarious.. the caller said he was going to use his new PC to view "naughty photos" if you get my drift.

One lady really told off the Dell computer vendor....

And a guy wanting to buy a can opener talks about dead mice.....

.....And then there was the one with Leah where the caller was talking to someone else in the room telling them not to bother her she was on the phone and used quite a few "F bombs".....Leah apologized and said its live Tv folks....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

cjm61

I don't remember the call to Jeff Hewson even though I watched the Q at that time.  Actually I too called once about an item, which I can't even recall, and spoke to Jeff!!!  I know it wasn't me !!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Waste of time and an immediate channel changer.

Honored Contributor

My guess is eliminating those calls would be unpopular, but I also suspect nothing in the company's collected data notes that sales drop significantly during or after a call -  that would be a good reason to eliminate them.

I don't have to like everything or everyone.  Fact is, if QVC stopped spending time on what I don't stay to listen to, they'd lose thousands of sales!  

Honored Contributor

I've never liked them either and I believe the time has passed having them.  They seemed to make shopping channels more endearing even 20 years ago but I've also found them cringe-worthy,.  Their time has run its course and QVC is no longer the small industry it once was......

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*