Honored Contributor

Re: What do you think of the call-in testimonials?

They dont bother me any.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

They don’t bother me but it seems some of these callers are just lonely people. If it makes them feel good or a little less lonely, it’s a good thing.
Valued Contributor

Once I watched a testimonial call into Lisa Mason. This woman went on, and on, and on, and on, and ON, and you could see the look of sheer frustration on Lisa's face, as her eyes got wider, and she kept trying to get a word in to interject. She finally hollered, "So-and-so, I've gotta go!!!" It was absolute gold. I howled. Poor Lisa. She couldn't have handled it any differently, this caller was so un-self aware and so clueless.

Esteemed Contributor

@cjm61 wrote:

Wow, I had no idea there was so much dislike towards testimonials. I think there was a time and place, many years ago when there was no online shopping with reviews. I am indifferent to them, doesn't bother me but I do cringe at times. To @spiderw , over the years I have heard negative calls, few and far between but it does happen. Anyone remember that shocking call to Jeff Hewson many years ago? Wow! That was a surprise.

@cjm61  was that the one with the hand held shower? Or maybe that was a caller with Rick.

Esteemed Contributor

I did not realize that testimonials were still going on.

The most unforgettable one was with Colleen on HSN when the caller asked if she wanted to talk to her cat or dog.

Colleen couldn't stop laughing and they went to a commercial break. That was funny.

Respected Contributor

I guess I dont watch as much  any more as haven't noticed those calls. Some of those gravel  sounding voices used to get me. As long as the ones to forget  or recall have been brought up..... Anyone catch this one?

I heard Dan Wheeler take a call from a male about Howard Stern's p***s.  Cut off  fast but I heard it. Dan was such a pro and continued on like nothing happened. Had to give him  a lot of credit, so professional.

Honored Contributor

@On It wrote:

Of course, there was the one that Leah had years ago.

That was the call from Rosalee, living on an island in South Jersey, far from any clothing retailers.  It was during Denim & Co.; Leah cracked up but handled it like a champ.

Testimonial calls can be annoying but ones like this make it all worthwhile.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

Do they help with the host/vendor presentations or are they a waste of time?  I've had the Q on this morning in the background and there was caller that started crying while talking to Pat and the candle vendor.  Pat said a few words, but then the candle vendor was able to chime in with more soothing words and got her off the phone pretty quick.

I'm not a fan of these testimonials and if I'm watching I usually mute it.   Do you like the testimonials?

@San Antonio Gal   I don't mind them, but I could care less about them.  I think some people go on and on just to get on TV.   I was on HSN a lot in the beginning.   I figured out that if you put your phone on redial and you get in first, you get on the air.  I got to talk to Steve Cheney (I think that was his name)  That was back in the day when they had tootie the horn?   I even got a parakeet and named it Tootie.  LOLOLOL That was before QVC came on air. Steve was so funny.  That is when Home shopping was fun!

Trusted Contributor

@Sage04 Haha, no that wasn't with Jeff H.

Trusted Contributor

@spiderw No, I'm sure it wasn't you. Smiley Happy A caller called him the most derogatory names right before his wedding to Judy Crowell. He was speechless for a few seconds then continued on.