Valued Contributor

What business that wants to make $$ lets you use the item for 6 months and then return it ...

FOR A FULL REFUND!!!! That either speaks to absolute desperation to entice buyers to purchase or that the markup is insanely high. If they cut this practice out, which would be in line with most retailers, who DO NOT allowed merchandise that has been worn, broken or used to be returned. The public is used to that policy and doubt it would hurt the Q if they decide to implement a policy like that. 

Honored Contributor

Re: What business that wants to make $$ lets you use the item for 6 months and then return it ...

Not sure what you have in mind...

Laser hair growth appliance companies give 6 months, probably because it takes 4 months to see hair begin to grow.  No one would buy it if it was only 30 days.

At one time, for items purchased in Neiman Marcus stores, there wasn't a return time limit. Didn't matter if it was worn or not.  Don't know if that policy is still in effect.

Walmart offers 90 days, but must be in new condition for a full refund.  

We still have to pay for everything upfront, so the companies aren't losing anything if the customer doesn't return it.

No these companies aren't desperate.  They are just offering good customer service.  

I never returned anything that was used, so I don't know if all retailers accept it and/or give a full refund.  I wouldn't return something I broke or was damaged.  

Honored Contributor

Re: What business that wants to make $$ lets you use the item for 6 months and then return it ...

@Styleovertrend It does seem counterintuitive, doesn't it?

Wonder what percentage of those sold with that guarantee are returned after 6 months?  And what percentage would be returned within 30 days if a device had only that guarantee but was known not to show results within that time?  

I also wonder what percentage of returns they expect when they figure how to price the item to begin with?  

Respected Contributor

What business lets one return an item after using for 6 months?  Is it QVC, did they change their return window?

Honored Contributor

@Styleovertrend wrote:

FOR A FULL REFUND!!!! That either speaks to absolute desperation to entice buyers to purchase or that the markup is insanely high. If they cut this practice out, which would be in line with most retailers, who DO NOT allowed merchandise that has been worn, broken or used to be returned. The public is used to that policy and doubt it would hurt the Q if they decide to implement a policy like that. 

So you're issue/complaint is about using an item for 6 months AND then getting a full refund upon return?

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee Well stated! Heart

Honored Contributor

I never thought about it.........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

The policy applies to CIJ purchases now & later..since most are buying gifts & Holiday decor to put away it's peace of mind that if an item doesn't work it can be returned. I finish all my gift buying early & appreciate having until the end of Jan for returns so Thanks QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

If the o/p doesn't like the six month return policy QVC has for Hair Max, then she must really hate how Costco will accept any return at any time for any reason, in any condition.

The nerve of them!

How dare they!

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@Sunshine Kate , they often have a 6 month return policy on items that you need to use for several months to know if it's going to work, especially high dollar items like the Hairmax.  But, both QVC & HSN will also have a longer than normal return policy around Christmas to entice people to buy gifts that may need to be returned.  That's usually more like 3 months if you buy when the new policy begins.  I'm not sure exactly what OP is talking about unless they just had a Hairmax presentation on.