Honored Contributor

Re: What a cheesy thing to do, QVC!

[ Edited ]

$74.98 with free shipping is still less than $69.98 with $7.50 shipping, no?  I must not understand the issue.  Or is it the principle of the matter?

Edited to add:  I think I understand.  It was originally $69.98 + $7.50 shipping.  Then "free shipping" was announced and you thought it would be yours for $69.98.  Then you found out the price had been jacked up to $74.98.  I don't blame you for being upset.

Contributor

Thanks Beth for responding and letting me know that it will disappear when I check out.  I've ordered from QVC for 20 years or more and it's never been this way.  I have to say that I don't trust this because if I submit my order and the shipping is added....well, then you get caught in the "processing" loop and are unable to cancel.  With all that being said, I guess I'll stand by what I told my husband during the two week processing debacle, "I'll never order from them again."  

QVC Customer Care

@SisterSisto 

If there is an issue with the shipping, we would be happy to refund you.

Beth QVC

Esteemed Contributor

@SisterSisto - You will see the shipping charges change to $0.00 as soon as you proceed to checkout from your cart; you won't have to just hope the shipping will be free. It can definitely be frustrating, but this cart issue has occurred with all of the free shipping events this year. (And you'll even notice on some product pages that it takes a few seconds for the free shipping banner to show up in place of the shipping fee near the price as the images load. The system needs some help! But the pricing does work out correctly in the end.)

Honored Contributor

Good example of how retailers raise prices to cover all or part of free shipping.  

It's happened to me.  

Frequent Contributor

I also placed an order this morning and can't change it because 

it says In Progress. Frustrating!

Super Contributor

I have been waiting for free shipping to buy the Temptations mini loaf pans at $19.98. Now they are $24!!!  

Valued Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

Good example of how retailers raise prices to cover all or part of free shipping.  

It's happened to me.  

This is exactly what I was thinking. NOTHING is free. LOL

~ Hope in TN ~
Honored Contributor

I no longer get excited when QVC offers free shipping.  Chances are, they've upped the price to compensate in many cases.  Not playing that game any more.  

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

It's happened to me.  

Or they raise the amount you need to order for free shipping.  

I've noticed several of the retailers I frequent have more stringent pricing policies lately.  More conditions for sale prices and/or free shipping/returns.