Valued Contributor

What a blow to lovely West Chester, PA

My husband and I took the QVC studio tour twice and rolled that into a lovely vacation to West Chester and on to Amish country hearby.  All these layoffs are bound to adversely affect West Chester, and it is such a beautiful little town with some great restaurants.  I have no idea why in the world QVC would reduce its presence in West Chester and add jobs out on the West Coast, which right now is an expensive mess in a lot of cities.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: What a blow to lovely West Chester, PA

I was thinking the same thing. The West coast is too expensive to live and it is politically unstable why would QVC move some operations out there?

Esteemed Contributor

When they let go of that lady in charge of operations (can't remember her name) they brought in an ax man to tear QVC apart just not to quickly so as not to  offend Q's the huge following and their loyalist's.  It happened shortly before Lisa's departure. The paradigm shift is just becoming more obvious and Q now can blame the pandemic. Stores like Target, Amazon, Walmart are thriving right now so they want to be that guy.  Q is pretty awful to the people that made them rich and famous.  The basic business  model.  Rich, rich, rich destroy anyone in your way.

Respected Contributor

@just wonder  A few times a year my sister, daughter and I would take a ride to Frazer PA to the outlet there.  Before they closed the Studio Store we would drive there too to check out the Q Studio store.   I wonder if they're planning on closing the two outlets; Fraser and Lancaster. 

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

@just wonder wrote:

My husband and I took the QVC studio tour twice and rolled that into a lovely vacation to West Chester and on to Amish country hearby.  All these layoffs are bound to adversely affect West Chester, and it is such a beautiful little town with some great restaurants.  I have no idea why in the world QVC would reduce its presence in West Chester and add jobs out on the West Coast, which right now is an expensive mess in a lot of cities.  

@just wonder    Maybe management feels they need less chiefs and more Indians?  You are in no position to judge the company's needs but I can assure you that the needs of "lovely West Chester" didn't enter into the decision.  My guess would be that the affected employees live in many of the adjacent suburbs, not just West Chester.  They will either find new jobs in the area or relocate....happens all the time.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Wow. I hope that this poster continues to express her views of the situation as she pleases. So much unwarranted condemnation of others views here.
Esteemed Contributor

And her view has validity. Employees may patronize a wide variety of local West Chester small businesses, regardless of their home addresses. Large scale layoffs have an economic multiplier impact.
Valued Contributor

I live in the West Coast ands 10 miles from the Ontario Warehouse......don't know what the heck you think QVC is doing our here......lately nothng is being shipped from the Ontario warehouse even.  Yes, it is expensive out here but you people have to realize there is another world out West and the East isn't as great as you think it is.  There is another shopping culture out West who wants their merchandise not living in Hodkins, IL or Lancaster, PA for weeks.  Face it  folks.....QVC is going under...........................

Super Contributor

@hopi wrote:

When they let go of that lady in charge of operations (can't remember her name) they brought in an ax man to tear QVC apart just not to quickly so as not to  offend Q's the huge following and their loyalist's.  It happened shortly before Lisa's departure. The paradigm shift is just becoming more obvious and Q now can blame the pandemic. Stores like Target, Amazon, Walmart are thriving right now so they want to be that guy.  Q is pretty awful to the people that made them rich and famous.  The basic business  model.  Rich, rich, rich destroy anyone in your way.

A few years ago - 2018, I believe - the Q shipped 200+ corporate/HQ jobs to Krakow, Poland. Who knows what they'll do now.

Honored Contributor

I understood a fulfillment center in Ontario, CA was to get packages faster to those living in the Western states.