Respected Contributor

Re: What Has Happened to OVC?

IMO, all of these changes started happening soon after the Qurate Retail Group took ownership of QVC and HSN.

Respected Contributor

I would have to agree that it isn't the same as it was when I started watching in the 90s.  I used to love Silver Style when it was a regular show, but I'm sure the price of silver has driven that product out of QVC.

If they are truly marketing to millenials, they might want to learn a lesson from JCPenney who tried that tactic.  They angered a lot of loyal Penney's shoppers who were older than millenials.  Kohls is trying the same tactic as well and has lost business because of it.  I get that change happens, but when you make it at the expense of your customer base, it isn't going to end well.

Super Contributor

Q seems to be sinking and they don't know how to level the ship. All the new hosts are not making any progress from the complaints I have read about them. The older hosts are reaching the point of being able to retire so they are jumping ship. I think we keep seeing the same old stuff because they are trying to clear out the warehouse and we are just not buying like we used to. That might also explain why we keep hearing only order of the year for just about everything.

Occasional Contributor

I so agree with you. Everyday I turn it on the prices are higher no matter what brand it is. Who can afford these prices?  Some of the clothing is styled for older women and the young people are not going to buy it. Also, sizing is so inconsistent.

I can't always get out to shop so it is frustrating that I can't buy anymore on QVC

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Equuleus wrote:

None of this has happened overnight.  It's been gradual changes.  You have to adapt or move on if you don't like it.

download (1).jpg

Let's see sales declined 4% last quarter.... I wonder how big the next quarter decline is going to be if we "move on" as suggested.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

QVC IMO is trying to capture the Millennial's as new customers. The only thing the Millennial's may be interested in from the Q is tech items. The fact that the Q resists giving free S&H and returns is another reason they won't buy.

@blackhole99 

Most of Q's electronics are outdated....the Millennials used to shop some of the cosmetics....but QVC ran that into the ground (i.e. demise of Beauty IQ, and decline in beauty sales),,,,They are finding better deals at Ulta and Sephora--real sales and coupons

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@icezeus wrote:

In my opinion, it's not the shipping charges. I rarely purchase multiple items from the "Q" while shopping so they do not tend to bother me. It's not even the hosts,  although most of them I find extremely annoying to watch.

It's the repetitiveness of the products that drive me batty. I like Josie Maran, Philosophy, and other beauty products. That does not mean that I want to see them multiple times a week with a slightly different configuration of the same product offered as a TSV every other month.   I have a Dyson and love it, but I do not want to see a vacuum cleaner as a TSV every other month or two, nor do I want to see numerous presentations of a vacuum cleaner. I can only imagine how many products that they actually have for sale online but never see the light of day. I understand that they have a lot of costs that normal B & M stores do not have, but at least with those stores, we have seasons where items change out and new one's come in. While I am on a roll where do you get your retail comparison prices from. We as customers actually do shop and we know how much things cost. Sorry, but they do not cost the inflated prices that you like to mention ad nauseam while presenting products. While on the subject please stop your hosts from out and out lying....yes lying on the air. I understand that they are sales people, but come on. I was looking at the Luggage TSV that you had a few days back. I have never heard of the brand and KL suggested that you could pay 700 to 1000 a piece for the luggage. I just changed the channel. LIAR

I can't say that I am done with QVC, but I have little need to watch or shop anymore. More and more the only reason why I even know what the TSV is quite simply is because I come to the boards and see it posted when you first log onto the site.

I am just tired of the repetitiveness of everything. 

@icezeus 

Well said!......

And I caught David changing his sales spiel...

On the Dyson cordless vacuum the Dyson Rep was a bit disengenuine when she said the vacuum would run an hour on a charge....And David was beaming with glee and said just the time you need to get all your vacuuming done.  Viewers pointed out on Facebook Live that she said the hour run time was on the deep pile or low setting...Even Stacy confirmed 30-40 minutes on high setting...and 3.5 hours to recharge...So when the info was corrected on the on air presentation, then David changed his tune and then he said 30 minutes is plenty of time you shouldnt need more than that....SORRY DAVID but if you did the things demonstrated....vacuuming furnture to remove pet hair, vacuuming carpeted areas, vacuuming hardwoodfloors, kitchens, baths, using the attachments to get cobwebs around curtains/ drapes, A/C vents etc...depending on the size of your house it could take over 30-40 minutes...So it goes to show anything is game for a sale---even David.😒

Valued Contributor

I’m watching Gourmet Holiday show now and watching Rachel B perform her sales shtick. Now I see what she does. She creates a flurry of mini hysteria and while giving out the price of the item - shouts the ez pay single payment price out and the customer I’m sure thinks that is the whole price. Buyer beware and don’t get caught up in her nonsense.
Valued Contributor

@SPURT.. that poster never has a nice thing to say and always has a snarky remark. Just ignore it.
Respected Contributor

@slmsia wrote:

As a long-time QVC watcher/purchaser, what is happening lately with QVC?  New management?  What!?  Jill is leaving, almost all new hosts, or fairly new hosts, prices on items through the roof, quality on some items sub-par, even their customer service at times is not what it used to be.  It seems like David Venable is on QVC now almost every day of the week! The program line-up is just more of the same old thing over and over again.  The newer hosts are not that young, but act very childish and squeal/scream over items and some of the hosts you can tell just do not do their homework regarding the items in their show.  I don't know.  I was just wondering if anyone else out there feels the same?  I just watch "Garolyn" most of the time.  It seems like Gourmet Holiday is on almost every single day now and maybe some of you can afford the prices of their food items but I sure cannot!  I cook and I know pricing and budgeting and I can make a cake for less than 6.00 home-made. I am not buying a cake for 50-60.00!!  QVC used to be a really great shopping network.  Quality, check.  Value, check. Convenience, check.  Now the 2 former are obsolete and with these newer hosts I just cannot watch QVC that much anymore. Too expensive.  Too repetitive.  Too much forced cuteness (get rid of this please!). Times are a-changing at QVC and I hate to see this happening.  I just buy items on clearance price now or just shop on-line at other websites because the prices/quality are better.  Such a shame.  Loved Jill.  So "Garolyn" it is for me...I hope Carolyn is going to stay, even if she has to hang on by a thread!  My thoughts. Thanks.

@slmsia 

Soooooooo.  Now that they are recording most shows,  you can see David morning, noon, and night--happy dance happy dance!!  Also, tune in to Shoe Shopping with Janeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! around the clock!