Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

What Has Happened to OVC?

As a long-time QVC watcher/purchaser, what is happening lately with QVC?  New management?  What!?  Jill is leaving, almost all new hosts, or fairly new hosts, prices on items through the roof, quality on some items sub-par, even their customer service at times is not what it used to be.  It seems like David Venable is on QVC now almost every day of the week! The program line-up is just more of the same old thing over and over again.  The newer hosts are not that young, but act very childish and squeal/scream over items and some of the hosts you can tell just do not do their homework regarding the items in their show.  I don't know.  I was just wondering if anyone else out there feels the same?  I just watch "Garolyn" most of the time.  It seems like Gourmet Holiday is on almost every single day now and maybe some of you can afford the prices of their food items but I sure cannot!  I cook and I know pricing and budgeting and I can make a cake for less than 6.00 home-made. I am not buying a cake for 50-60.00!!  QVC used to be a really great shopping network.  Quality, check.  Value, check. Convenience, check.  Now the 2 former are obsolete and with these newer hosts I just cannot watch QVC that much anymore. Too expensive.  Too repetitive.  Too much forced cuteness (get rid of this please!). Times are a-changing at QVC and I hate to see this happening.  I just buy items on clearance price now or just shop on-line at other websites because the prices/quality are better.  Such a shame.  Loved Jill.  So "Garolyn" it is for me...I hope Carolyn is going to stay, even if she has to hang on by a thread!  My thoughts. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Re: What Has Happened to OVC?

QVC IMO is trying to capture the Millennial's as new customers. The only thing the Millennial's may be interested in from the Q is tech items. The fact that the Q resists giving free S&H and returns is another reason they won't buy.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

ITA - every afternoon when I get home from work it's Gormet Holiday time. I have no interest in any of that stuff but it's on virtually every day.  Yesterday I was watching in the afternoon and Pat James-Dimetri was host - I know she said "ga head" at least 20 to 30 times in the short time I watched. What does "ga head" mean? I think she had lip enhancement and maybe what she's saying isn't coming out right? So many frustrating things - not like it used to be.

Trusted Contributor

None of this has happened overnight.  It's been gradual changes.  You have to adapt or move on if you don't like it.

Respected Contributor

@slmsia wrote:

As a long-time QVC watcher/purchaser, what is happening lately with QVC?  New management?  What!?  Jill is leaving, almost all new hosts, or fairly new hosts, prices on items through the roof, quality on some items sub-par, even their customer service at times is not what it used to be.  It seems like David Venable is on QVC now almost every day of the week! The program line-up is just more of the same old thing over and over again.  The newer hosts are not that young, but act very childish and squeal/scream over items and some of the hosts you can tell just do not do their homework regarding the items in their show.  I don't know.  I was just wondering if anyone else out there feels the same?  I just watch "Garolyn" most of the time.  It seems like Gourmet Holiday is on almost every single day now and maybe some of you can afford the prices of their food items but I sure cannot!  I cook and I know pricing and budgeting and I can make a cake for less than 6.00 home-made. I am not buying a cake for 50-60.00!!  QVC used to be a really great shopping network.  Quality, check.  Value, check. Convenience, check.  Now the 2 former are obsolete and with these newer hosts I just cannot watch QVC that much anymore. Too expensive.  Too repetitive.  Too much forced cuteness (get rid of this please!). Times are a-changing at QVC and I hate to see this happening.  I just buy items on clearance price now or just shop on-line at other websites because the prices/quality are better.  Such a shame.  Loved Jill.  So "Garolyn" it is for me...I hope Carolyn is going to stay, even if she has to hang on by a thread!  My thoughts. Thanks.

Regrettably I must agree. 

Super Contributor

@blackhole99 

i almost agreed with you about the tech, then i remembered that while it may be new to the q, it isn't new to the country. i'm not saying this is true, for all tech products, but a good number of them aren't "new", based on the release date in most press releases.

@blackhole99 wrote:

QVC IMO is trying to capture the Millennial's as new customers. The only thing the Millennial's may be interested in from the Q is tech items. The fact that the Q resists giving free S&H and returns is another reason they won't buy.

Honored Contributor

And 'move on' I shall and have, after 25 years of shopping here.

The on air hosts are not even a problem for me, as I stopped watching years ago, although I do TRY to watch online videos of items I'm interested in, which is frustrating enough when they chit chat instead of giving pertinent information about the product.

I feel that the quality of most products no longer justifies the higher prices and the problems with processing, shipping and delays on refunds has gone on way too long for such a large corporation.

I went out for lunch & shopping today with DD and we got some really nice things at good prices and were good quality.

This is just my opinion, based on my own experiences.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

ehhh, Mike George?

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Regular Contributor

My solution to the problem that you have correctly stated is to check the items from recent shows on line, read any evaluations by other customers, and then order. If I'm not happy with the product, I return it. Yes, that gets costly, but so many box stores have closed in my area, that I don't really have any other choices nearby.

I must say, though, that I get a lot of compliments on my clothing.

Don't get me started on the majority of hosts........... unwatchable!

Respected Contributor

Image result for rube goldberg machine

It sure doesn't work as smoothly as a Rube Goldberg invention!

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~