Super Contributor

Re: What Happens when FriYay Hits???

@froggy I agree about the MW thing. I do have an Instant Pot and I love it for cooking dense veggies really fast, as well as a few other things.

But the gadgets and pots they try to push on us. Yikes! Whatever happened to using our stovetops with regular old pots and pans?

If we all load up on the countertop gadgets that are all the rage, it is like going back to the 1950's when TV dinners were in vogue. We lose the ability to see, hear and smell what is going on with our food while we cook it.

I see photos on Facebook with the industrial rolling carts that people have in their kitchens now to store the pressure cookers, air fryers, special microwave stuff and all of the gadgets. It's just ugly to look at.

Trusted Contributor

To be honest with you, on Friday night all I want to do is chill out at home.  I don't want appointment TV, I don't want anything special.  Now if they had a You're Home with Jill show, I would watch that.  Low key, good products, but no ... she was banished to the other channel.

Respected Contributor

@AussieLuvr wrote:

@ScarletDove 

I couldn't agree more. It's just so pointless. I'm not sure what they think ... is it supposed to make us buy more? Unfortunately, it seems to be having the opposite effect. Kind of like DV's happy dance. One can only take so much.

@AussieLuvr    Pointless...AMEN, AMEN!

Trusted Contributor

@Jinlei

I had to laugh when I saw the commercial how to celebrate summer.  David V was on there blabbing about how to grill, then he said “How to rock that new outfit”. I burst out laughing.  Since when does he say let’s rock that outfi and what does that have to do,with summer? I think it is a stupid term.  Rock those clothes!  Just use plain English please.  Maybe we should rock that Insta Pot!  Rock those hot dogs!

Just enjoy David - he is such a pleasant man and is only trying to bring happiness/enjoyment.

Respected Contributor

Fri-Yay?  We're supposed to celebrate by buying lots of stuff we don't need.  I'm calling in sick.