Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Happens when FriYay Hits???

@Grouchomarx wrote:

Jane will say the word Fri-yay 65,000 times, very loudly.

LOLOLOL   Glad I missed it!

Respected Contributor

@Jinlei wrote:

I had to laugh when I saw the commercial how to celebrate summer.  David V was on there blabbing about how to grill, then he said “How to rock that new outfit”. I burst out laughing.  Since when does he say let’s rock that outfi and what does that have to do,with summer? I think it is a stupid term.  Rock those clothes!  Just use plain English please.  Maybe we should rock that Insta Pot!  Rock those hot dogs!

I like Dave--he's an entertaining guy. I tune in a lot to see him do the HAPPY DANCE!!

Git it git it!

Respected Contributor

I change the channel. I watched it once and that was enough. I can't stand all of the silliness gathered around the coffee table and the yelling back and forth about different products.

Respected Contributor

@AussieLuvr wrote:

@Grouchomarx 

Agreed, and laughing about the countdown meaning Jane says Friyay 65,000 times, LOL! I just now heard Jane say "Friyay" three times in one sentence. Every once in a while she will just say it three or four times in a row by itself.

I wonder if she is getting paid per Friyay, lol. 

I could see it if they were offering free shipping or 6 easy payments on Fridays. But to just use this ridiculous, made up word like it's supposed to make people want to buy more?

I keep QVC on in the background a lot while cooking or working on my laptop. Items will get my attention and I turn up the volume and sometimes buy. But the minute I see and hear Jane screaming and babbling "Friyay! Friyay! Friyay! - the tv sound gets turned off or I will switch to QVC2.

It's just over the top.

@AussieLuvr  My reaction to Fri-Yay foolishness is to tune out and turn off.....refuse to watch that wound up Fri-Yay silliness that is being pushed on the viewers.  Jane is truly acting like a giddy adolescent with this Fri-Yay foolishness!  I wanted to see some of the shoes and the TSV but having to endure the juvenile antics was just too much...the only good thing was Janes Jam, it is back!

Honored Contributor

I’m sure the powers that be are pushing this Fri Yay thing. I saw Jill pop in to promote her show coming up and she hopped up and down and screeched ‘Fri Yay’ about six times and then did it again when she left one minute later!

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

I’m sure the powers that be are pushing this Fri Yay thing. I saw Jill pop in to promote her show coming up and she hopped up and down and screeched ‘Fri Yay’ about six times and then did it again when she left one minute later!

@proudlyfromNJ  I agree this stupidity is being pushed--wine at 5 with Fri-Yay on the wine glasses, what a joke!  I refuse to watch ITKWD-Fri-Yay so have no idea what his "juvenile entertainment" entails.  Missed seeing Jill but just cannot imagine her joining in that foolishness...glad I did miss it since I watched the TSV, Janes Jam and left....

Honored Contributor

@ScarletDove wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ  I agree this stupidity is being pushed--wine at 5 with Fri-Yay on the wine glasses, what a joke!  I refuse to watch ITKWD-Fri-Yay so have no idea what his "juvenile entertainment" entails.  Missed seeing Jill but just cannot imagine her joining in that foolishness...glad I did miss it since I watched the TSV, Janes Jam and left....

@ScarletDove.  I couldn’t imagine Jill doing it. That’s when I figured it was mandatory!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@ScarletDove wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@ScarletDove.  I couldn’t imagine Jill doing it. That’s when I figured it was mandatory!

@proudlyfromNJ  No doubt mandatory--would love to know to whom they are trying to appeal?  Certainly not younger people since they do not watch and are out on Friday doing they own YaY, but not on QVC.  What they are doing is generating comments from the regular viewers and what I have read is not positive...Fri-Yay chased me away!

Trusted Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

I am sure when Jill looks back at her time at QVC, this will be one of the things she will want to forget.

This entire idea of trying to create buzz is flopping for one reason:  QVC has nothing new to sell.  If they had new things to sell, the buzz would be generated naturally.

Add in the high prices and slow shipping.

You can yell at me all you want to, QVC.  I am not buying much right now.  I looked back at my 2017 and 2018 orders and I am way behind for 2019.

Super Contributor

@ScarletDove 

I couldn't agree more. It's just so pointless. I'm not sure what they think ... is it supposed to make us buy more? Unfortunately, it seems to be having the opposite effect. Kind of like DV's happy dance. One can only take so much.