Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: What Happens when FriYay Hits???

@Grouchomarx 

Agreed, and laughing about the countdown meaning Jane says Friyay 65,000 times, LOL! I just now heard Jane say "Friyay" three times in one sentence. Every once in a while she will just say it three or four times in a row by itself.

I wonder if she is getting paid per Friyay, lol. 

I could see it if they were offering free shipping or 6 easy payments on Fridays. But to just use this ridiculous, made up word like it's supposed to make people want to buy more?

I keep QVC on in the background a lot while cooking or working on my laptop. Items will get my attention and I turn up the volume and sometimes buy. But the minute I see and hear Jane screaming and babbling "Friyay! Friyay! Friyay! - the tv sound gets turned off or I will switch to QVC2.

It's just over the top.

Honored Contributor

I watched the first week and a few minutes another time.   I say Fri-bye!  Not interesting to me at all.   Those vendors sitting around pretending to play a board game, etc.  Not for me.  Still the same ol' products.

Respected Contributor

I can't wait to hear David say FriYay 50 million more times!!! Smiley TongueSmiley Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

I turned it on to see that Jane's Jam has returned and everybody on set

was dancing and going crazy for Fri Yay.

Next Jane will be doing a cartwheel or split just because it's Friday or

goofy Fri Yay!

Trusted Contributor

Would it kill them to find some new products? Most of their food products don’t have good customer ratings, but they keep on selling the same ones. It’s sad, in all of America they can’t find better food products. What’s worse is hearing David act like everthing taste so wonderful. Like he’s never tasted better! So why do all the food products have bad reviews? Oh gosh, now they’re showing the useless strawberry stemGem again. Click goes the remote. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Ketra - I have to say that I really love my StemGem strawberry huller; that slicer in the set looks like it would be awkward to use, fall apart quickly, and be a pain to clean, but I wouldn't trade my huller. I first bought it (on Amazon, not QVC, due to the price difference) after watching Chef Tony present it years ago.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AussieLuvr wrote:

@Grouchomarx 

Agreed, and laughing about the countdown meaning Jane says Friyay 65,000 times, LOL! I just now heard Jane say "Friyay" three times in one sentence. Every once in a while she will just say it three or four times in a row by itself.

--------------

Was thinking...this would make a good ol' college drinking game!   Every time she or he say Fri-Yay, everyone drinks!!  Make sure you are spending the night or have a designated driver though....

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]
Spoiler

“When you yell ‘FriYay,’ I yell ‘ByeYay’....and then it’s over.

Trusted Contributor

I had to laugh when I saw the commercial how to celebrate summer.  David V was on there blabbing about how to grill, then he said “How to rock that new outfit”. I burst out laughing.  Since when does he say let’s rock that outfi and what does that have to do,with summer? I think it is a stupid term.  Rock those clothes!  Just use plain English please.  Maybe we should rock that Insta Pot!  Rock those hot dogs!

Trusted Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

well...at least they are trying out new ideas...

The old QVC was fine.  It was not broken and it did not need fixing.

QVC has jumped the shark with this show and almost everything else.