Reply
Valued Contributor
Posts: 551
Registered: ‎02-10-2013

Re: What Happens when FriYay Hits???

I know this is a slightly older post, but I do not watch Friday nights anymore.  I liked Beauty Night a lot.  I do not understand so much DV and SK on the network, too much exposure and the shows do not flow at all between each other.  Fri-yay is also a very immature word for a series.  Please stop trying to be "hip and young" it isn't working to bring in younger audiences.  It is just like when your parents would use whatever your current slang was when you were growing up, and in my case I would just roll my eyes and walk away.  Now, I just change the channel.  

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,347
Registered: ‎04-19-2010

Re: What Happens when FriYay Hits???

They act like they invented the word and shout it continuously. Ugh. Jane is especially over enthusiastic about promoting this new campaign. It’s like I felt as a teenager when my folks tried to use “hip” words when talking to my friends. Just no.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,942
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: What Happens when FriYay Hits???

I don,t watch’

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,478
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: What Happens when FriYay Hits???

I have seen other stores use the term FriYay" in their signs, ads, etc.   QVC overdoes it!  Jane T. is especially too giddy over FriYay.   Don't care much for David's FriYay show or his "home" show.  I do watch the ITKWD shows because I like cooking "stuff", but seldom order since it is all the same items I've seen for a long time.  Also, the $5.50 shipping on a $19.95 item turns me off.  So I turn the TV off.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,478
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: What Happens when FriYay Hits???

I doubt the younger shoppers they want to attract are interested in a few hosts/vendors sitting around pretending to play a board game--which is also for sale at QVC.    

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,347
Registered: ‎04-19-2010

Re: What Happens when FriYay Hits???


@Daysdee wrote:

I doubt the younger shoppers they want to attract are interested in a few hosts/vendors sitting around pretending to play a board game--which is also for sale at QVC.    


@Daysdee I agree100%.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,257
Registered: ‎08-20-2012

Re: What Happens when FriYay Hits???


@Grouchomarx wrote:

Jane will say the word Fri-yay 65,000 times, very loudly.

------------------

       I watched Jane's show on Friday for a short while and her yelling 'Fri-Yay" every two minutes was ridiculous!  What a way to run viewers off!!  Sounds like a bunch of six year old kids making up silly words...


 

Valued Contributor
Posts: 539
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

Re: What Happens when FriYay Hits???


@corita wrote:

@Grouchomarx wrote:

Jane will say the word Fri-yay 65,000 times, very loudly.

------------------

       I watched Jane's show on Friday for a short while and her yelling 'Fri-Yay" every two minutes was ridiculous!  What a way to run viewers off!!  Sounds like a bunch of six year old kids making up silly words...


 


Fri Yay is totally stupid and juvenile.  Can't see that it will last very long.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,347
Registered: ‎04-19-2010

Re: What Happens when FriYay Hits???


@doodles wrote:

@corita wrote:

@Grouchomarx wrote:

Jane will say the word Fri-yay 65,000 times, very loudly.

------------------

       I watched Jane's show on Friday for a short while and her yelling 'Fri-Yay" every two minutes was ridiculous!  What a way to run viewers off!!  Sounds like a bunch of six year old kids making up silly words...


 


Fri Yay is totally stupid and juvenile.  Can't see that it will last very long.


For that very reason alone we will be stuck with it for years...

Valued Contributor
Posts: 539
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

Re: What Happens when FriYay Hits???


@SunValley wrote:

@doodles wrote:

@corita wrote:

@Grouchomarx wrote:

Jane will say the word Fri-yay 65,000 times, very loudly.

------------------

       I watched Jane's show on Friday for a short while and her yelling 'Fri-Yay" every two minutes was ridiculous!  What a way to run viewers off!!  Sounds like a bunch of six year old kids making up silly words...


 


Fri Yay is totally stupid and juvenile.  Can't see that it will last very long.


For that very reason alone we will be stuck with it for years...


You are probably right!