Contributor

Re: What Happened to QVC's Variety?

I so agree. QVC products need an overhaul.  Where are the good old products like Birkenstock. Now only watch Denim & Co  and some of David's shows. I do look forward to Valerie's shows and Christmas in July. They need more home decor shows, more selection in kitchen than just Temptations, products to keep us interested, NEW products. And why don't they have mens clothing shows?  Most women shop for their men/sons right ?

Honored Contributor

Since I have been watching other channels, I have noticed that some of the very popular vendors were all on Q at some point.  Maybe Q should have kept some of them.  I am still hoping I see Black Hills Gold on one of those channels.  I miss those shows. It would be great to see Kirks Folly pop up on another channel.  I know you can still purchase those items on other websites like ebat etc. but I would like to see Kirks Folly on TV again.

Trusted Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

Since I have been watching other channels, I have noticed that some of the very popular vendors were all on Q at some point.  Maybe Q should have kept some of them.  I am still hoping I see Black Hills Gold on one of those channels.  I miss those shows. It would be great to see Kirks Folly pop up on another channel.  I know you can still purchase those items on other websites like ebat etc. but I would like to see Kirks Folly on TV again.

Kirks Folly went out of business.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@brandiwine wrote:

I think it left somewhere around the time Kathy Levine and Bob Bowersox left.  The Q used to have variety and unique things you couldn't get elsewhere.  I can pretty much go to Target and get the same things.  I've just quit watching for the most part.  Sooooo boring.

----------------------------

I agree...it seems that product variety and presentation overkill are no longer important to the Q.  Is there anything more boring that watching a mattress  presentation for one hour, or a one hour WEN show, or a one hour computer show, or a one hour Vitamix show???   

Once I have seen and heard about the mattress for ten minutes, I know about the mattress, or once I have heard and seen three models using WEN, I know WEN's information. 

Yes, I know that I can turn off the channel and I do; I rarely watch anymore.  But even when I just do a "Q" check, the products are the same over and over.....

Trusted Contributor

@luv-the-Q wrote:

I would like to know what happened to quality.

Quality went out the window when they decided to concentrate their efforts on big ticket items and forget about small potatoes.  Only the small potatoes add up when not addressed and people start complaining.  Also IMO their quality control dept. was dismantled and probably they were told to just send it out if it was a small item.  In other words da-- the torpedoes.  Full spead ahead!

Respected Contributor

The "Variety" show is now on at 10PM Monday nights. 

Don't worry, be Happy!
Esteemed Contributor

Speaking of variety:  If I have to watch one more day of mattresses , I am going to scream.  Your right ---tooo much of the same thing!

Esteemed Contributor

Kirks Folly did not go out of business.   THey are up ad running---google it.  THey have their own site and also have some you tube to see them and some of what they are selling!

Trusted Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

Kirks Folly did not go out of business.   THey are up ad running---google it.  THey have their own site and also have some you tube to see them and some of what they are selling!

Well this is news to me.  Last time I googled them their website was thanking everyone who supported them and they were out of business.  I will check again and thanks for the update.

Honored Contributor

@newlook456 wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

Kirks Folly went out of business.

No they are on line, just not on Q.  I would like to see their shows somewhere.