Valued Contributor

Re: What Do Serious Skin Care and Susan Graver Have In Common?

[ Edited ]

@millieshopswrote:

... I'll use my local drugstore where I do find more products I like than I used to.

That’s so funny you say that because one of the products Sistine Stallone featured was the iconic St Ives Apricot face scrub. 

On on another note, had she featured something in the SSC line her mom reps/sells/develops/whatever, it would have been great exposure to a younger demographic that doesn’t shop HSN. 

Valued Contributor

@SXMGirlwrote:

While Susan and her daughter are both very capable of designing a wedding dress, I would think that they had more fun with the shopping and wedding preparations.  Why spend all of that time designing when you can go shopping, do lunch, and shop some more.   It seemed that Susan thoroughly enjoyed the time that she spent with her daughter, and Susan did look lovely as the mother of the bride.

Huh. I see it differently. Why spend all that time designing when you could do lunch?  How about the unique experience of wearing a collaborative effort that you and your mom worked on together.  Seems to me that would be one very special dress  and eventual heirloom. After all, the dress she picked was actually fairly  simple-even more achievable for 2 designing women, mother and daughter,  one of which is a self-professed fit expert.   

I guess I am the only one who wonders if Susan actually designs or not. Not that it matters, other than the fact that she and QVC  certainly makes it seem like she does.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624wrote:

Maybe Susan's daughter didn't want to wear liquid knit.

Too funny, you made my day..

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

They both sell Overpriced products?

Honored Contributor

Maybe Susan and her daughter did have a hand in designing her daughters wedding dress.  I didn't follow any of that so I have no idea whether her daughter bought off the rack or the dress was designed for her.  Going dres shopping to Susan may have meant, meeting with people to pick out fabrics, etc. 

Dennis Basso has a full line of bridal gowns so he's not just known for coats. 

I think doing a wedding gown is a whole different ball of wax. 

Honored Contributor

@SXMGirlAs far as Susan designing her line, she probably now has a "team" like Isaac, etc.  Also, years ago her mother-in-law, Audrey Graver, did a lot of the designing for the line.  She passed away a few years ago.