Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Do Serious Skin Care and Susan Graver Have In Common?

I'm sure Susan is capable of designing a wedding dress.   On the other hand her daughter is also a fashion designer, so she could have probably just designed her own!

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624wrote:

Maybe Susan's daughter didn't want to wear liquid knit.

Woman LOL Good one!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LindaSal,  her daughter did not design her own nor did she collaborate with her mom.

My point is this:  these products are sold to us as the be all end all of products.  Susan is sold to us as this prolific artist/designer. Jennifer is always saying why pay for packaging when her ingredients and products do it all ( and there is certainly enough product in the line to suit anyone’s needs). 

And their own families don’t take advantage of having this knowledge and product at their fingertips? Where is the loyalty and confidence?

i am not dissing SG or SSC.  I have purchased both and enjoyed them. I just find it odd that their own daughters choose to go in a different direction and it makes me wonder just how involved their moms are in the products besides being a sales woman for them. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Sheilaray   I agree with you.   It would have been nice to see them both design her wedding dress together.     Many designers do design wedding dresses along with a multitude of other things.   One designer, whose name escapes me (maybe it was Joe Zee?)  designed Courtney Cason's dress for her wedding along with Dennis Basso for Angel's wedding.    I don't know, to each his own I guess.  Maybe some are just not comfortable getting out of their box??

Esteemed Contributor

Or maybe they are just in for the sales.

Honored Contributor

Although Susan is the only QVC designer I even bother to watch, I would not expect her to design her daughter's wedding gown.  Gowns are a whole other world different from everyday wear - and money certsainly isn't an issue in that family!  I'd always assume they'd shop.

By the way -  I don't care at all about Serious skincare.  I know it exists, but I had such terrible skincare products from HSN some years ago that I refuse to try again.  If I can't find what I want here at QVC, I'll use my local drugstore where I do find more products I like than I used to.

Respected Contributor

I am not under the illusion that Jennifer Stallone's daughter or even Jennifer herself exclusively use SSC.  She is a sales person.  

As far as Susan Graver designing her daughter's dress - yes, she probably could have designed it.  Obviously they didn't want to go that route.  

Again, SG has very expensive taste.  I doubt she wears her own line every single day.  She shops at very high end stores and boutiques.  

Honored Contributor

@apple1964wrote:

@Kachina624wrote:

Maybe Susan's daughter didn't want to wear liquid knit.

Woman LOL Good one!

Exactly!  

Honored Contributor

@LindaSalwrote:

Or maybe they are just in for the sales.

It is odd but some women do think the shopping channel vendors and designers and even the hosts are "just like us".  They can't comprehend the money that those people have or that the face they show to in their professional lives is not by any stretch how they live their personal lives.  They make the type of money that we can only dream about....and they spend it.  As they should.  SG also didn't bake her daughter's wedding cake or take the video either....lol

Esteemed Contributor

While Susan and her daughter are both very capable of designing a wedding dress, I would think that they had more fun with the shopping and wedding preparations.  Why spend all of that time designing when you can go shopping, do lunch, and shop some more.   It seemed that Susan thoroughly enjoyed the time that she spent with her daughter, and Susan did look lovely as the mother of the bride.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!