Valued Contributor

Re: What Did You Think of "Down Home with David"?

Happy dance spew is getting old
Occasional Contributor

I really enjoy watching David he is a true professional, the his new show has the same old products. I will not fault David, Love his cooking shows on Sunday.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree that David does the best he can with the products that are scheduled for this show, but in reality I doubt that any of the hosts have much input into the line-up.  It's all about what is in inventory or was overbought that needs to be moved out.

Jill likes to give the impression that everything is to her specifications, but I very much doubt it.  

Contributor

I hope with Spring here, David will be on the air more often presenting home/exterior decor items. I’m a big fan of his presentation style and clarity about the objects he’s selling.
Occasional Contributor

agree boring items

Valued Contributor

A waste of time show is my opinion.  Who wants to watch at home with David?  He needs to stay in the kitchen and learn how to cook instead of the food preps doing all the cooking he says he does

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tropics21 - I actually feel bad for David with this show; he is a good sport to sell all the random house-related products the Q decides he should present to his loyal fan base, but he admits during every single episode that the only thing he knows about home decor and design is "what he likes" and that he has no background or training in this area. That means he gets stuck showing off whatever the TSV is for half the show and then chatting with the vendors as they present the rest of the items. It isn't enjoyable to watch, despite David's cheery personality.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't watch too many QVC shows in evening or night. I enjoy David's presentations...though the happy dance and eye rolling is getting old. But he is being wasted on this show. 

I watched the first one and recently watched again.  The format seems too forced and again, he is presenting so many items that have been shown before his show.  It is not a must see for me

Respected Contributor

David is a novice when it comes to decorating. He stated to Valerie Par Hill that he puts his faith in her to find items. As a bachelor, I imagine his home filled with a TV, a couch and a bunch of.empty space like my brother in law who divorced. Grown men don't know how to decorate.
Trusted Contributor

@MrSour wrote:
Happy dance spew is getting old

@MrSour  I agree, he needs new material. He loses credibility when he raves about junk products and food that get 1 star reviews.