Respected Contributor

Re: What Did You Think of "Down Home with David"?

All white parties are very common and I have been to many. White linen parties are very popular where I live. This is not a new concept. Sometimes the host will wear a pop of color while the guests wear all white. My friend had a black & white party a few years ago for her birthday and all the guests wore black & white and she entered in a red dress. It was fabulous.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The first 10 minutes of the premiere show was more than enough for me!  Not worth watching as DV or program is neither down home nor charming.  Adios!

Trusted Contributor

Like a lot of others, for me it was a snooze zzzzzz.

Respected Contributor

Jill's show,  YOU'RE  HOME WITH JILL  is a tough act to follow.

Frequent Contributor

I agree if they had David showing home products like Jill not cleaning products.  They should pair them together they are great friends and it shows when they our on together.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I like Jill on her show as the solo host.  She does a fantastic job.  No need for two experienced hosts on the same show.   

QVC Customer Care

Contributor

I like the show but agree that it could def use new items
Respected Contributor

Well, I gave it more then one try.  David's "new" show isn't any different then watching any segment of QVC programming. It isn't homey or comfy. It isn't like he is inviting you into a home. He is just hawking products like he always does.  This show is a No for me. Will watch something else on Thursdays.

Occasional Contributor

updated thoughts: What Did You Think of "Down Home with David"?

In fairness to the show, wanted to update.

As David is a professional and communicates such a positive and GENUINE energy, decided to watch Down Home with David a few more times.  It has gotten better compared to the initial, first show.

Last night the Bethlehem lights lady with the illumiated flowers and David were interacting wonderfully and going through some realistic and do-able "how to's".  

At-home-with-Jill is a nice format.....maybe something more natural along those lines.  

Still wish they'd turn-David-loose (so to speak) on what content and more importantly presentation approach he'd like to do for the Down home with David show.  He's a natural at connecting with the audience and hopefully qvc will let him drive the show content and presentation of some *NEW* and *NOVEL* items or ideas.