Respected Contributor

Re: What Did You Think of "Down Home with David"?

@Caaareful Shopper   Yes, I agree.  The show was much more enjoyable last night and he mentioned letting him know of any ideas audience might have on his Facebook while watching the show (or afterwards I would think) so it was all good, for me anyway.

Esteemed Contributor

Last night's show was better, and I appreciated that there were new items, but it still felt like "Clean Your House and Clean Out the Q Inventory with David." I gave this a second chance, but I'm done watching now.

Honored Contributor

David was dressed casually/"home" style, but the show still didn't appeal to me.  Nothing that great in the product line-up.  Doubt I will tune in again.

Esteemed Contributor

@BabyDara I'm sorry to hear that you haven't had good luck with the Mr. Beams. I have them (actually purchased at Amazon the first time) and have had really good results with them.

I have both the ones that are networked and the individual ones but I know that not everyone has the same result.

Valued Contributor

I love Davd. I have never seen so many Macs be sold so quickly. The man can sell. This show is a way to sell the dysons, I'm so over the dysons, and other repetitive stuff, because he sells.

Trusted Contributor

I was hoping the show would be in the same style as the ads. David goes into a cozy room, turns the light jazz on low, pours a glass of wine (how about a dog to bring his slippers - yes, just looking for a way to have a dog on air!) -

then, the guests come in to join him in the living room or den and discuss their products in a relaxed setting and style.   Maybe a few at a time - seemingly friends getting together - I think they did something similar with fashion and or beauty once upon a time. 

Respected Contributor

@trenet wrote:

I was hoping the show would be in the same style as the ads. David goes into a cozy room, turns the light jazz on low, pours a glass of wine (how about a dog to bring his slippers - yes, just looking for a way to have a dog on air!) -

then, the guests come in to join him in the living room or den and discuss their products in a relaxed setting and style.   Maybe a few at a time - seemingly friends getting together - I think they did something similar with fashion and or beauty once upon a time. 

I love your idea Trenet! Hope the powers that be are listening.

As a side note, I was surprised to learn David Venable say every summer he hosts a "White Party" in his backyard. He said he puts out a picnic table in his backyard, goes to the dollar store and lines the table with white candles. All his guests are mandated to wear white. Ive never heard anything like it ! its so innovative.  He didnt say who his guests were but I imagine Tara, TheBlue Jean Chef, Mark Charles, Dan Hughes, Renee Greenstein, Jill and Rick being invited.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Reever wrote:

@trenet wrote:

I love your idea Trenet! Hope the powers that be are listening.

As a side note, I was surprised to learn David Venable say every summer he hosts a "White Party" in his backyard. He said he puts out a picnic table in his backyard, goes to the dollar store and lines the table with white candles. All his guests are mandated to wear white. Ive never heard anything like it ! its so innovative.  He didnt say who his guests were but I imagine Tara, TheBlue Jean Chef, Mark Charles, Dan Hughes, Renee Greenstein, Jill and Rick being invited.

@Reever. The “White Party” is not innovative.  They happen all over the country, even the world; I went to one in the Caribbean, and another in New York.  Sometimes hosts or organizers add a mystery element to these “white parties” and the invitation and location are coded, and by mystery invitations only.  Then you show up and there are hundreds of people all dressed in white, at some location.  All white tablecloths and white decor.  

Others are small, home parties among friends.  

Respected Contributor

Never heard of a "White Party" certainly not something done by our family. Is it a latest fad ? Why on Earth would the host want the patrons dressed in white while dining ? White shows staining evidently and pronounced.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Reever wrote:
Never heard of a "White Party" certainly not something done by our family. Is it a latest fad ? Why on Earth would the host want the patrons dressed in white while dining ? White shows staining evidently and pronounced.

@Reever  LOL. I can honestly say I never thought about it as an invitation to mess up good clothes.  These are not kiddie parties, and most adults who go know they are stylish, fun parties and handle their food and drink.  

Some of them have themes, and are used as fundraisers.  I have not been to any of those.

The ones I have been to did not have any theme besides wearing all white — I attended one hosted by Norwegian Cruise Line.  The 2nd one in New York was at a rooftop restaurant in Brooklyn, as a pre-wedding party for a bride & groom, since they were having a small destination wedding in Aruba for family only.  

These are just from from the Internet:

1F974F15-AEBD-4963-9112-133F5404133D.jpeg

86900E2D-F4D6-4563-AED8-8939D6595DB1.jpeg

3271E14A-9FDA-4BCA-8E56-AAAFCECACC6A.png

B8289D59-791F-482C-B6A4-A2A6BBAE984F.jpeg