Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Did You Think of "Down Home with David"?

@Nancy Drew wrote:

Not that anyone would have asked me but this is how I would have done the show.The set dressed with some warm, cozier blankets and pillows, That we have never seen before. Tartan or Buffalo check maybe and sell those. Darker mood lighting like they do for Valerie’s shows. Some Harry Slatkin candles in winter scents, then slip in the Humidifier as that is a practical home item. Next week start with some great picture for the home like they used to with Thomas Kincaid. Not him as he has passed but there are great art out there. Week after that some copper mule mugs, etc.

@Nancy Drew  I agree w/you........as I said in a previous post, I expected a subdued set w/rustic and cozy products..  The set was stark and bare and boring!!

Trusted Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

I didn't watch the show but from what I'm reading here, I hope David has a seccure retirement package.  This new company is stepping all over itself and it isn't pretty.

Why would you call QVC a new company.  Explain yourself please.

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:
Judging from feedback the show was a real dud with the same recycled products shown again. Poor David must have been embarrassed. Its obvious he had no say in the selection of items for the show. Surprised a Dyson vacuum cleaner didn't rear its head ... Put it this way the show has nowhere to go but up.

Here's a news flash:  the opinions on this forum represent less than 1% of the viewing audience.

What matters is what the sales were.  If sales were excellent, expect to see this show in heavy rotation, like ITKWD Wednesday and Sunday.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

@PA Mom-mom

If I see that humidifier presented one more than I think I will scream!  Same speech from the vendor every time.  David is good at presenting but when the humidifier comes on I switch the channel!

Regular Contributor

same old junk. Show started with the boring TSV and I turned it off. When I checked back in like an hour later the humidifer was on again. They can call these shows anything they like but it's still just the same old items, over and over again.

Trusted Contributor

I understand TPTB want to reconfigure shows, add new shows, hire new hosts, etc., in order to increase revenue.  I get it.  But this show was the QVC Sampler (remember, longtime viewers?) all over again.  David is better than that.  IMO this show could be terrific if it showcased new products - be a "first time on air" type of show, so people would look forward to it.

Occasional Contributor

I've not had good luck with the outdoor security lights
Occasional Contributor

I'm interested to know why they say "this is the last time you'll see this this year....blah blah"and then before you know it,it's back on AGAIN!
Respected Contributor

@BabyDara wrote:
I'm interested to know why they say "this is the last time you'll see this this year....blah blah"and then before you know it,it's back on AGAIN!

My guess is that they tweak something, change the item number, and bring it back. I’ve seen this happen before with many items.

Respected Contributor

And if the lineup doesn’t get better, they should call this show “Downright Boring with David.”