Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: What Did You Think of "Down Home with David"?

@Perkup wrote:

@seaBreeze wrote:

Image result for animated  happy dance

Hey, this is great!!!   First time I've seen the Happy Dance done by someone (or something) that makes a modicum of sense. Middle aged guys doing the HD over macaroni just doesn't ring my bell.

@Perkup  You took the words right out of my mouth!!!!!

Valued Contributor

David can sell anything. I think they have over branded him as a foodie, which makes these shows hard for some to adapt to. I like it and will watch when I can.

Esteemed Contributor

@CookieC25 I took one positive from the show: David can present and explain products better than any other host at QVC. I had seen that humidifier presented by two other hosts as I was doing my morning housework and getting ready for work. David blew them away. He actually made it palatable. Other than that I was very disappointed. I was hoping for more decor, and not just that one lantern  that has been around for a long time. Nothing new? Really? QVC owes more to David than that!

Esteemed Contributor

Not that anyone would have asked me but this is how I would have done the show.The set dressed with some warm, cozier blankets and pillows, That we have never seen before. Tartan or Buffalo check maybe and sell those. Darker mood lighting like they do for Valerie’s shows. Some Harry Slatkin candles in winter scents, then slip in the Humidifier as that is a practical home item. Next week start with some great picture for the home like they used to with Thomas Kincaid. Not him as he has passed but there are great art out there. Week after that some copper mule mugs, etc.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

Not that anyone would have asked me but this is how I would have done the show.The set dressed with some warm, cozier blankets and pillows, That we have never seen before. Tartan or Buffalo check maybe and sell those. Darker mood lighting like they do for Valerie’s shows. Some Harry Slatkin candles in winter scents, then slip in the Humidifier as that is a practical home item. Next week start with some great picture for the home like they used to with Thomas Kincaid. Not him as he has passed but there are great art out there. Week after that some copper mule mugs, etc.

@Nancy Drew You're hired!!

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

Same products - different show name.  Unless QVC finds some new vendors, nothing will change.

=====

Yep, like lipstick on a pig. Call the show by any name, but it's the same old stuff.

Respected Contributor

Somehow they forgot the Down Home part.

Respected Contributor

Judging from feedback the show was a real dud with the same recycled products shown again. Poor David must have been embarrassed. Its obvious he had no say in the selection of items for the show. Surprised a Dyson vacuum cleaner didn't rear its head ... Put it this way the show has nowhere to go but up.
Regular Contributor

Agree with many of the comments. When it is a 2 hour show, you can expect that the introduction, a couple of "comercial" breaks and 2 presentations of the beating to a pulp of the current tsv to take up one hour of the show. Such disappointment, I no longer care if I see it, or not. Jill's show will be watered down too. She often remarked at how long it took to prepare her show. With it now on twice a week, don't expect anything exceptional.

Esteemed Contributor

I watched for a bit and then changed the channel.  Waste of time and waste of a good host!  Nothing new nor interesting; products were repeats and had been presented many times before last night!!