Valued Contributor

Re: What Did You Think of "Down Home with David"?

Somewhat disappointed - electronics, humidifier - thought it would more of him relaxing 'at home' with decor, etc. 

Contributor

[ Edited ]

@loriqvc  Thanks for letting me know "You're Home with Jill is on QVC2 now.  Unfortunately, I don't get QVC2 through my cable provider. And I don't watch much TV on my PC or laptop.  I could maybe mirror the show to my TV, but I'll probably forget to do that anyways. LOL

Regular Contributor

BORING!  Was a waste of time and I turned it off after five minutes!  I don't need to see another 20 minute presentation of the TSV and the same old boring items!!!  Giving it a cute name is not ging to draw customers with the same old items that have been on a dozen times.  You missed the boat on this one QVC! I doubt that it will get better and hopefully they will discontiue it. 

Trusted Contributor

@hopi wrote:

That QVC is trying to kill David.  His popularity automatically sells things so they will squeeze the life out of him to soak up as much money as they can from his loyal fans.

What an asute observation.  Hopefully you're wrong and he just wants to branch out into something new.  After all the male hosts do jewelry shows too.

Esteemed Contributor

There really was no other legitimate reason for this show other than David's unquestioned popularity.  

They could get people to tune in with the misleading promo, hoping maybe they'll buy one overexposed item.  

One day I would love to read a host contract to see if they get extra compensation for these "special" shows.

Esteemed Contributor

I tuned in for a few minutes then tuned out.  The only thing new was the name of the show.

Honored Contributor

If this show continues to be so boring, it will not be good for David's kitchen shows as many of us are tired of the products and reviewing the colors on that show.  I was hoping this new show would be interesting and show us some new items.    I really don't know why every host has to have a show or shows with their name attached to it.  Not David, but many others really change (and not for the better) when they get their own show.  I'm seldom watching QVC anymore and in the past I had it on several hours every day.

Honored Contributor

Same products - different show name.  Unless QVC finds some new vendors, nothing will change.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

ZZZzzzzzzzzzzz👎🏻

same old stuff just different title of show...I thought it might get better...one can hope🤞🏻🤞🏻

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

ZZZzzzzzzzzzzz👎🏻

same old stuff just different title of show...one thought it might get better...one can hope🤞🏻🤞🏻

@homedecor1  But that is what the kitchen shows are. The ones now make boring old Bowersocks look like Jacques Pepin.