Super Contributor

Re: What Did You Think of "Down Home with David"?

Boring disappointment.

Same ol same ol with a new name slapped on it lol.

Honored Contributor

It's the same stuff they sell on At Home with Dan early in the morning.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

At Home With (Insert Host Name Here)

Trusted Contributor

I wonder why everyone needs their 'own' shows?  This isn't sitcom land, it's a shopping channel!

Respected Contributor

I too switched channels even though I usually enjoy David.  I cannot wait for spring so that humidifier and the guy who presents it goes away.  I am so tired of his same old speech about how we need humidifiers to take our wrinkles away - LOL.

Respected Contributor

Sorry David, your new show was a snoozefest. It isn't any different then what you see in qvc's regular programming.  If you want a new show segment, try and do something new and different. How about NOT having the tsv on! Try new products not the same ole'  same ole'. This show is a pass for me. It is just like watching any segment of qvc.

Trusted Contributor

I am a big fan of David V, but I was not of this show.  I watched a bit of it but then had to leave . It just seemed steril to me and it was the SAME OLD PRODUCTS THAT WE HAVE SEEN MULTIPLE TIMES.  New show should be SOME new items.

The Q is shaking things up, lets see where things go. 

Trusted Contributor

Didn't see the show, but overall QVC is stale, boring and monotonous.  I've mentioned this before, but I'll say it again.  The same 20 or so items are presented ad nauseum.  I like fashion, but I've pretty much stopped watching all presentations since the vendors are offering cheap, ugly clothes.  Two particular brands are baggy, oversized, sloppy messes.  Another takes a QVC shirt or tunic and adds some cheap looking material at the bottom and calls it style.  

I never watch a TSV presentation of any type because (1) it takes up too much of each show and (2) it will be shown over and over and over again throughout the day.  

Super Contributor

I watched it. It was what I expected, a variety of different products. As with all businesses, they don’t have unlimited warehouses filled with a variety products. As with stores, products are seasonal and clearance items. I wonder what “new” and “different “ products that everyone wants to see? I agree that most TSV’s don’t need the constant on air presence but I’m sure that QVC bought so many of the items that they need to sell and get rid of their inventory. Personally, I hate when the TSV is anything fashion (other than some handbags), skin care or makeup, jewelry, cleaning supplies or items for cleaning.   I do like longer presentations of some electronics because there are a lot of questions that most people have that they answer. The format could be altered from the typical shopping show. But, I guess, ultimately they are a shopping channel and they want the consumer to purchase as many products as possible. Persistence can pay off. 

Honored Contributor

i like David and always watch ITKWD even though it is like watching "reruns."  This new show is not for me.  Was so boring  I turned it off.  Won't tune in again.  Same OLD items and too much time on a TSV.